Last Scholarship??

BYU Cougars on the court.
beauso79
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Last Scholarship??

Post by beauso79 »

If I'm not mistaken don't we have one last scholarship available to give out?? Any ideas who BYU might be looking at or leaning towards??

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Last Scholarship??

Post by Mars »

Yes.
And no, none at all... :roll:

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
bigbluepuma
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by bigbluepuma »

The two who have signed, Winder and Collingsworth, are both apparently very good guards. I hope they are looking for a good forward or center.

craigoscarson
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by craigoscarson »

:~( I'm assuming that they're looking for a JUCO big or transfer to help make next season as special as we think it can be; it's just not easy to find one and then convince them to come to BYU.

there is no prep big that's on our radar that can help immediately and the current big project in the state, Neil Monsen has committed to Utah (but word is he's very very soft and doesn't belong at this level)

It's a shame that we didn't sign Tai Wesley when we had the chance, he could have been an excellent bridge guy between our experienced guys and our future bigs. A saavy 4 like him would have really helped this season.

I woudl be ecstatic to find a Keena Young type in the juco ranks if we can't find a 5. I know they're out there, the trick is convincing them to come to the Y.

Keep in mind that we get Chris Collinsworth back this summer and he's a legit 4 if he can get his legs back; he obviously will want to play with his brother so there's no chance of either getting redshirted. The real key is finding another post prescence that we can plug and play (ala KT)

This would all be a moot point if James Anderson had improved at all this year..... notsomuch....