BYU vs Gonzaga thread

BYU Cougars on the court.
beauso79
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU vs Gonzaga thread

Post by beauso79 »

mizzoucoug wrote:Holy crap. Everytime this team gets up 5 or 6 they stop running an offense. Post up Haws or get Mika back in there to score. Carlino taking 3's off the pick and roll is not the way to extend a lead. Get to the hole. Oh, and Halford doesn't need anymore minutes. Sorry, that kid cannot shoot.
Seriously......when Halford chunked that WIDE open 3 from the corner late in the second half I was done with him. Winder had that same shot and passed it up for a drive to the hole and ended up shooting FT's.

Yndian
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Yndian »

It's great to see the guys respond with so much heart for two HUGE games after that stinker at Pacific. Other than that couple of minutes towards the end of the first half, it was a solid effort on both ends of the floor all game long.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Oh wait, Carlino shot an airball From 12 feet toward the end --I'm so done with him. I'm un-friending him from Facebook and Twitter. And he is not my bestie anymore, ever. No way. :roll:

Send in the Clowns.

beauso79
All-American

Post by beauso79 »

Cougs_Rule wrote:Oh wait, Carlino shot an airball From 12 feet toward the end --I'm so done with him. I'm un-friending him from Facebook and Twitter. And he is not my bestie anymore, ever. No way. :roll:

Send in the Clowns.
Man, take some Midol already

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

Oh, great game. Great defense!

Game ball certainly goes to Winder. Sincerely hope we see more of him. Mika was huge in this game and once again Worthington showed up big. We took Pangos right out of the game and made Stockton look like a walk-on again. Good game, Cougs. Hope we get to do it again in the WCC championship.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Very good win, and good effort by the guys tonight. I still don't think they get into the NCAA tourney without winning the WCC tourney though. Gotta keep winning.

imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

Gunk wrote:Oh, great game. Great defense!

Game ball certainly goes to Winder. Sincerely hope we see more of him. Mika was huge in this game and once again Worthington showed up big. We took Pangos right out of the game and made Stockton look like a walk-on again. Good game, Cougs. Hope we get to do it again in the WCC championship.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
The two things that have me thinking that just maybe we catch people unaware are the play of Winder and Worthington. They give the bench much more depth if they continue to play like they did tonight.

KYCoug
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by KYCoug »

Kudos to Winder but my game ball goes to Mika. I loved the move to bring him in off the bench to conserve fouls and he gave us a real low post presence that we've rarely seen and put them in foul trouble against our bench bigs. Especially when you consider he was up against three monster 7 footers who were physically bigger and stronger!

Go Mika!
Go Cougs!

IowaCougar
Junior

Post by IowaCougar »

Halford shot 50% from the field last night, second best percentage on the team. I just don't get the blind, and many times baseless attacks made on this forum against players. I think sometimes people think that the only way to support a player you like is to tear down another. Sad commentary.

It was a great team win last night, and everyone contributed. It was interesting to note that although Sharp didn't score, he still made a contribution with his hustle. The commentators even said that he was one of the "best athletes in the conference ".

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

IowaCougar wrote:Halford shot 50% from the field last night, second best percentage on the team. I just don't get the blind, and many times baseless attacks made on this forum against players. I think sometimes people think that the only way to support a player you like is to tear down another. Sad commentary.

It was a great team win last night, and everyone contributed. It was interesting to note that although Sharp didn't score, he still made a contribution with his hustle. The commentators even said that he was one of the "best athletes in the conference ".
Well said. My pushback wasn't against a Carlino. I'm done with posters who have blind, baseless attacks as well ;-)

Bottom line, there were several shots and plays that could have clinched the game and didnt. Good news, there were finally some clutch free throws that did clinch the game.
Overall, a very solid (not to be confused with flawless) performance and one that makes BYU very relevant for the WCC conference. Now, BYU, down the Pilots and let's finish strong--especially since the coached FINALLY know who this team is and the many parts that can be moved around to best match up. Love, love, love the creativity and stratagem Rose and team are deploying!!!