Trump has killed minority support for GOP now removing women

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Trump has killed minority support for GOP now removing women

Post by hawkwing »

And the longer the GOP allows this clown to not only be in the race but to lead it the more long lasting the damage will be.

Minority support, already at critically low levels -- conservative support completely slipping away. Women voters now being turned off by Trump's comments about how a female must be attractive enough to run for office.

GOP better wake up soon.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Trump has killed minority support for GOP now removing w

Post by SpiffCoug »

Give me Carson over Trump any day. I'd love for America to again have a president with wisdom, tact, patience, personal integrity and moral character. It's been a long time since that's been the case.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Trump has killed minority support for GOP now removing w

Post by snoscythe »

Link?

Here's one:
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2015/image ... linton.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like what Trump is doing, and I would vote for him in an instant if he was the head of the GOP ticket just for a chance to stick my finger in Reince Priebus' and the other GOP leaders' collective eye, but he's probably my 6th choice overall in the field come caucus night.

That said, polling shows the GOP has narrowed the gap with Clinton, and especially so with women. Even Trump, who trailed Hillary in the female vote by 23 points just a month ago has narrowed that gap to 14 points over the last 5 weeks. Romney lost the female vote to Obama by 12 points.

Right now Ben Carson is running virtual dead heat in the female vote with Clinton.

Furthermore, Romney only picked up 17% of the non-white vote in 2012. Trump is polling at 28% of registered non-white voter currently in his hypothetical head-to-head with Clinton. Trump also is leading Clinton in the independent vote 49-45, just one point behind Romney's pace in 2012.

The panic that Trump is alienating independent, female, and minority voters is a narrative that simply isn't borne out by the facts nor polling. People recognize Trump for what he is--a bombastic, non-PC protest candidate who speaks to their anger and frustration after decades of "there, there" candidates. I don't know that anyone truly thinks Trump or his support is representative of the GOP field or platform at large.