BYU facing Oregon in 2022

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU facing Oregon in 2022

Post by Fido »

Its a 1:done deal like this year's @ Nebraska and @ Michigan deals hoping to establish a relationship.

http://byucougars.com/m-football/byu-fa ... ugene-2022" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brigham Young University and the University of Oregon today announced the two football programs will meet on Sept. 10, 2022, at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Oregon.

“It’s a great opportunity to play an outstanding football team from the Pac 12,” said BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe. “Oregon had an opening in its 2022 schedule and the circumstance was right for BYU. We hope to develop a long-term relationship with Oregon.”

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: BYU facing Oregon in 2022

Post by EM_Puma »

Mixed feelings. :skeptic:

One one side I believe 1-and-dones are disrespectful. The other side says, as a fan, I'd still rather play the Ducks on the road than play Wagner at home. I say Wagner, not to disrespect them, but it's hard to be excited about watching that game.

It appears that playing these types of opponents are the only way we can build up our brand. It's just we somehow need to get a few more of these teams to Provo and I don't honestly know how TH is going to accomplish that with the deck today stacked against P5's making road trips to anyone who isn't at the top of the list.

One big down side though is that you set yourself up for other P5 programs to view accepting a home/away agreement as being that they are admitting that they are not the top notch of the FB pyramid.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

Gotta find someone to take Notre Dame's place on the schedule.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Y 4 Ever
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Y 4 Ever »

I don't like it. Need home n home. If you play a 'one n done', then it needs to be a neutral site unless its a rare occassion at UM or someplace bigger and better than ORegon