Questions and observations

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Questions and observations

Post by BroncoBot »

Gunk wrote:I do think Taysom does better at a more uptempo pace. He's a fast paced, rythem kind of guy. I'd sprinkle in some more 2 min drill type scenarios if I'm Detmer. I don't believe in go fast go hard all the time, but when used strategically uptempo can be very effective.

Our receivers are soft. Holiday should not have been let go.
Agreed. Would rather have Holiday than "pillows and feathers".

Stirfry
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Stirfry »

BroncoBot wrote:
Gunk wrote:I do think Taysom does better at a more uptempo pace. He's a fast paced, rythem kind of guy. I'd sprinkle in some more 2 min drill type scenarios if I'm Detmer. I don't believe in go fast go hard all the time, but when used strategically uptempo can be very effective.

Was he let go or did we just get outbid? I realize it can be both but did we not bid a market rate of did they overpay?
(I do hate it that he's gone)

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

Stirfry wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:

Was he let go or did we just get outbid? I realize it can be both but did we not bid a market rate of did they overpay?
(I do hate it that he's gone)
He was informed that he was not going to be retained and went to utah.

McY
BLUEshirt

Post by McY »

KingCoug wrote:
9. BYU absolutely needs to sell all of Utah's tickets for the game next year. Give those jerks a taste of there own medicine.
Television coverage showed a ton of Ute fans there, but I guess I missed the ticketgate controversy? Someone please fill me in here. Did the U sell BYU's allotment of tickets? If that's the case, then instead of sell the U's allotment next year, why don't we just limit their allotment to something near zero for next year's game? Or is BYU obligated to let the opposing team buy a minimum number?

BOID
Junior

Post by BOID »

Some of the reasons for success in the two minute drill, are situational. That is, the opposing defense is in a prevent mode, trying to cover a deep field until the clock runs out. Then the short slants, sideline posts, and screens become easier to complete.

Still, I also noticed a more crisp execution in the short drill moments.

Detmer's game plan was good. He needed to keep it simple until this team gets more live game experience. He will advance the playbook when the team is ready for it.

On another subject, I want to know if the targeting calls are being appealed. Without going into details again, I think it is wrong for those two DB's to have to miss the next half game.

Stirfry
All-American

Post by Stirfry »

McY wrote:
KingCoug wrote:
9. BYU absolutely needs to sell all of Utah's tickets for the game next year. Give those jerks a taste of there own medicine.
Television coverage showed a ton of Ute fans there, but I guess I missed the ticketgate controversy? Someone please fill me in here. Did the U sell BYU's allotment of tickets? If that's the case, then instead of sell the U's allotment next year, why don't we just limit their allotment to something near zero for next year's game? Or is BYU obligated to let the opposing team buy a minimum number?
Ive seen this referenced twice that somehow they didn't give us an allotment but I haven't heard the story

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
Stirfry
All-American

Post by Stirfry »

BOID wrote:On another subject, I want to know if the targeting calls are being appealed. Without going into details again, I think it is wrong for those two DB's to have to miss the next half game.
I think once the pac12 review booth reviewed it it was a done deal. We lose them for half of our next pac12 game as well.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Stirfry wrote:
BOID wrote:On another subject, I want to know if the targeting calls are being appealed. Without going into details again, I think it is wrong for those two DB's to have to miss the next half game.
I think once the pac12 review booth reviewed it it was a done deal. We lose them for half of our next pac12 game as well.
Why did the pac12 review it? It was a bigxii crew?

Honest question.

Stirfry
All-American

Post by Stirfry »

BroncoBot wrote:
Stirfry wrote:

Honest question.
Suposedly the review crew was pac12

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Stirfry wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
Stirfry wrote:

Honest question.
Suposedly the review crew was pac12
That is my understanding too. The call on the field was wrong, but those things happen so suddenly that the error and the egregiousness of it all rests with the Punk12 review squad who should have had the time and film to see how wrong the ejection was. Shame on them