I don't get the Grimes hire.

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: I don't get the Grimes hire.

Post by byufan4ever »

I get the feeling that Grimes will demand and not ask and Sitake will either stay out of his way or Grimes will leave if he's being roadblocked.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

They are all going to get fired if someone doesn't start demanding execution and accountability. Maybe Sitake will change his style. He definitely hired the first hard nosed coach that we have on staff in Grimes.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

selway wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:55 pm Grimes was run game co-ordinate and is a fantastic get do some research and get educated folks
I submit your assessment Selway is spot on. The hiring of Jeff Grimes is a huge "get." Everywhere he has coached at he has "upped" the teams performance. Then moved up to a better position for himself because of his performance. Ultimately coaching in the SEC (as everyone knows, the ultimate football conference) and becoming the highest paid O-line coach in the country. Grimes achieved that because he performs and executes at the highest level. The truth is, BYU needs Grimes more than Grimes needs BYU. His hire is a blessing for a beleaguered BYU football program.

CrimsonCoug
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CrimsonCoug »

Ddawg wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:27 pm becoming the highest paid O-line coach in the country.

Is this true?
Ddawg wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:27 pm The truth is, BYU needs Grimes more than Grimes needs BYU. His hire is a blessing for a beleaguered BYU football program.
This is definitely true.

And I gotta say, Ddawg, I was really hoping we'd see your Avatar go away after BYU throttled Utah in the hardwood. ;)

The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited to the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were and ask, "Why Not?" -JFK & SWK
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

CrimsonCoug wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:30 pm And I gotta say, Ddawg, I was really hoping we'd see your Avatar go away after BYU throttled Utah in the hardwood. ;)
That was a good win for BYU basketball.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

Ddawg wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:39 pm
CrimsonCoug wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:30 pm And I gotta say, Ddawg, I was really hoping we'd see your Avatar go away after BYU throttled Utah in the hardwood. ;)
That was a good win for BYU basketball.
I agree except I'd use great.