BYU Cougars on the court.
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

LMU

Post by Gunk »

Another fun game.

Great defense and some nice shooting. I think we held LMU to something like 4 stop clock violation.

Loved Dastup's dunk.

Oh, and I have to say, watching Harnett dribble is fun in and of itself. Best handles I have ever seen at BYU.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Re: LMU

Post by frdbtr »

Another wire to wire win. What should be the norm for BYU against the bottom of the WCC. On another note, St Mary's now has the inside track for winning the conference since they have beat both BYU and Gonzaga on the road.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

BYU did give up a huge lead and let the game get to within 9 points by playing pretty sloppy in the 2nd half, and credit LMU for playing extremely aggressive with nothing to lose in that 5 minute stretch when they seriously outplayed BYU. But BYU's talent advantage was simply too large for them to overcome.

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

Haws had a fine game, especially in the way he distributed the ball

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

frdbtr wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:24 am Another wire to wire win. What should be the norm for BYU against the bottom of the WCC. On another note, St Mary's now has the inside track for winning the conference since they have beat both BYU and Gonzaga on the road.
The Gaels beat the # 13 Zags 74 to 71. I don't know if the Zags are overrated but St. Mary's should be in the top 20. Landale is 6th in the nation in double doubles and Naar is second with 9.3 assists per game. Those 2 and 5 others are from Australia. Our coaches might want to send someone over there to recruit.

BYU has a good chance to beat Gonzaga again this year.

imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

I say go for Brazil first. Lets get that pipeline back. They are actually ranked one spot higher than the Aussies internationally. I think Walt (Walter Roese) is back in the Provo area and would be huge in getting that pipeline reestablished.
One thing I don't understand is why we don't have more Aussies. Aside from Hawaii, I don't think any other university is as involved with the South Pacific (Polynesia, Micronesia, and Melanesia) as BYU. And BYU has to be number one for Asia. Heck, a couple of decades ago, my mother was in a meeting at BYUH with the second in charge of China who glowingly talked about BYUH and how much better citizens were the Chinese that went to BYUH when they came back to China. Many of those Chinese students joined the church while at BYUH and the sentiment was that any change they sought was through internal means and not aggressive (e.g. revolution or civil disobedience). She also said he made mention of missionaries being allowed into China and she said he stated that China would allow missionaries but the minimum number would have to be 50,000 so that everyone would have the opportunity to be taught at relatively the same time (kind of like, if you give something to one you have to give it to all and I think they new the church could not do that). Real interesting time back in the 80's and early 90's.
The gist of it is, BYU is well respected in Asia and especially in China.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

I guess I better start learning Chinese.