BYU vs Arizona game thread

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
IowaCougar
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU vs Arizona game thread

Post by IowaCougar »

I'm on the East coast this weekend to attend a family wedding. My wife thought I was crazy to stay up until 2:30 AM watching a football game on my phone (no TV in our B&B). It was totally worth it!

CrimsonCoug
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CrimsonCoug »

BroncoBot wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:29 am Great game for BYU. Have a lot to build on, have some things to work on. I liked what I saw from the o-line. Should give Tanner confidence to do his thing without running for his life all game.
Right. He started scrambling several times when he wasn't in danger just because the 2.5 second clock he'd been conditioned into having in his head from last season started ringing. Hopefully he'll be able to watch film and realize what a great job his line did.

He does still have a lot to improve on, accuracy-wise. I'm betting he'll be able to do that.

One strange quirk I noticed (and I'm definitely no expert), but his release point seemed to be really low--almost side-arm at times--compared to last year. Anybody else see that?

The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited to the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were and ask, "Why Not?" -JFK & SWK
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

CrimsonCoug wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:54 pm
BroncoBot wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:29 am Great game for BYU. Have a lot to build on, have some things to work on. I liked what I saw from the o-line. Should give Tanner confidence to do his thing without running for his life all game.
Right. He started scrambling several times when he wasn't in danger just because the 2.5 second clock he'd been conditioned into having in his head from last season started ringing. Hopefully he'll be able to watch film and realize what a great job his line did.

He does still have a lot to improve on, accuracy-wise. I'm betting he'll be able to do that.

One strange quirk I noticed (and I'm definitely no expert), but his release point seemed to be really low--almost side-arm at times--compared to last year. Anybody else see that?
Someone mentioned that during fall camp. I didn't really notice it, but I'm not all that into QB mechanics (I wouldn't know right from wrong).

TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by TulaneVandyRiceCoug »

https://youtu.be/99c5fWpNuQg

The locker room talk from Coach Sitake gives me the tingles and jingles.