How many wins does Sitake need for you to feel good about him coming back?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.

How many wins does Sitake need for you to feel good about coming back?

Want him back no matter what
4%
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
31%
27%
4%
19%
Want him gone no matter what
8%

Total votes: 26

KingCoug
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

How many wins does Sitake need for you to feel good about him coming back?

Post by KingCoug »

Ripped this poll off from CB.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: How many wins does Sitake need for you to feel good about him coming back?

Post by frdbtr »

BYU would need to win out so whatever that would be. I don't see that as a realistic posibility at all though so he needs to be gone. The team seems to have quit again this year and that is coaching, 100%. They simply quit after beating Wisconsin, I don't know why. They couldn't have decided that since they won against #6 on the road that they had arrived, I just don't see how that could be possible but they have played like crap since that win.

a1247
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by a1247 »

People wanted Bronco gone, he left and everyone thought we were going to get the Mormon version of Nick Saban. Here it is not even 3 years later and again people think that there's a long list of coaches with a temple recommends begging to come coach at BYU.

Kalani isn't getting fired. The people who run the program know that replacing him after 2 losing seasons would spell doom. Can you imagine the pitch. Look you are one of maybe 5 possible canadites with a temple recommend and we want you to come coach at BYU. Your gonna make less then market value, you can only recruited about 25% of all potential recruits because of our stupid honor code. Which by the way you will have to live bye so go shave that beard off. Yes I know you didn't have to shave to go to the temple last week but this is BYU not your average everyday temple. And if you have 2 losing seasons your gonna get fired, because just like we believe our backup QB is better then our starter, we all believe theres a mythical coach out there who is better then you.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

I didn't want Bronco gone and I think it was a huge mistake to let the boosters run him off. I want Kalani gone because he is a disaster and we need to try someone else. Too bad we can't get Bronco back.

jadesroom
Freshman

Post by jadesroom »

I didn't want Bronco gone but also didn't mind that he left. The big mistake was not getting a coach with a proven track record as a head coach--KN--or a top coordinator at a winning program--Lance Anderson. Sitake's primary qualification was being KW's understudy at Utah. His one year at Oregon State was a disaster.

a1247
Heisman Winner

Post by a1247 »

frdbtr wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:54 pm I didn't want Bronco gone and I think it was a huge mistake to let the boosters run him off. I want Kalani gone because he is a disaster and we need to try someone else. Too bad we can't get Bronco back.
I never wanted Bronco gone for this exact reason. It's foolish to think there is a line of coaches out there who want to coach at BYU and more importantly have a temple recommend. Until BYU stops forcing there head coaches to have a temple recommend BYU is going to struggle.
Since LW retired BYU has had 3 coaches. Crowton was horrible, Bronco was successful on the field but not with the donor's and fans. Kalani is looking like a dud. So who exactly is it that everyone thinks is going to come replace KS and be successful?
Personally I think we see a change on the defensive side of the ball. Much like we did with the offense last year. Unfortunately we might have to wait until the end of the year again.

a1247
Heisman Winner

Post by a1247 »

jadesroom wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:20 pm I didn't want Bronco gone but also didn't mind that he left. The big mistake was not getting a coach with a proven track record as a head coach--KN--or a top coordinator at a winning program--Lance Anderson. Sitake's primary qualification was being KW's understudy at Utah. His one year at Oregon State was a disaster.
What makes anyone think Lance Anderson wants to come to BYU. Outside of his religion he has no connection to BYU. And what is he going to do that KS hasn't been able to do? Also does he have the all important temple recommend?
KN came and left his interview the minute he was told his offense couldn't come with him. And EVERYONE on this board said absolutely no to that offense and was glad he wasnt bringing it here.
So who's this mythical coach that's "got a proven track record as a head coach or is a top coordinator at a winning program" that also has that all important temple recommend? Please someone share a name so I can get excited for change too.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

a1247 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 pm
jadesroom wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:20 pm I didn't want Bronco gone but also didn't mind that he left. The big mistake was not getting a coach with a proven track record as a head coach--KN--or a top coordinator at a winning program--Lance Anderson. Sitake's primary qualification was being KW's understudy at Utah. His one year at Oregon State was a disaster.
What makes anyone think Lance Anderson wants to come to BYU. Outside of his religion he has no connection to BYU. And what is he going to do that KS hasn't been able to do? Also does he have the all important temple recommend?
KN came and left his interview the minute he was told his offense couldn't come with him. And EVERYONE on this board said absolutely no to that offense and was glad he wasnt bringing it here.
So who's this mythical coach that's "got a proven track record as a head coach or is a top coordinator at a winning program" that also has that all important temple recommend? Please someone share a name so I can get excited for change too.
He has said in the media that he was very interested in the job when it was open last time but but "BYU seemed to be looking for bigger fish" I don't know if he would still be interested now but he was back then.

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mars »

Lance Anderson and Darrell Bevell would be a good start.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Six. And a bowl game. He won’t even get that, though. This team is tired from a hard schedule, arrogant from a catch lightning in a bottle, top ten win, out-schemed by most modern/spread/speed schemes, out-recruited by both in-state schools, and out-coached by a coach who uses love as a motivator and not discipline.
This embarrassing loss looked like last year all over.
Maybe with four wins and a fifth, but implausible, get out of jail win vs Utah, could save him.
BYU no longer has the recruits, the coaching or the stamina to compete with these “we’ll play anyone, anywhere” schedules. It is arrogant and fool hearty by TH, coaches, and arrogant fans and donors who think BYU can compete playing 4-5 P5 schools every year. BYU has two really really poor showings on TV the last two weeks and has to be on shaky ground with ESPN who is making all sorts of financial cutbacks. BYU is in trouble.

PS. Bronco is a bad bad fit with UVA. Cant recruit. Maybe with his guaranteed money he can comeback for a few years and smack this team back into shape. Otherwise I see a huge humble pie move by TH to go back to the s___hole Conference we came from if ESPN drops us. Brace yourselves, you who are prone to defect.