BYU v Utah game thread

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU v Utah game thread

Post by frdbtr »

TheDean wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:25 am
frdbtr wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:22 am BYU should never have been in the situation where they needed 4th and 1 with a 1 point deficit. BYU was up by 20 in the 4th quarter and now they are losing by 8. The defense simply sucks.
No, the defense is simply tired because the offense stopped playing football mid way through the 3rd QTR.
Not buying it. It is the defenses job to get off the field and get the ball back to the offense. They didn't do it even one time in the 4th quarter. The defense gave up 28 points in the second half (not counting the pick 6). That is just horrible. Tuiaki seems to quit coaching defense at just the right times to get BYU a loss. All it took was 1 TD drive against NIU, it took a full 21 points in the 4th quarter to get it here. I'm sick of it.

Ungoy
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Ungoy »

Sitake and Tuiaki need to go. defense cost us the game. Tuiaki does not know how to put pressure on a QB, and when he has something going, he switches back to his gosh awful 3 man front, gives the QB a year to throw the ball, and gives up a huge play. The coaches suck. Plain and simple. They need to be fired.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Sitake, Grimes, Tuiaki and the rest of the coaches proved tonight they are weak-minded, inept, little !@#$%^&.

Up 20 points with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

And the cherry on top of this turd pie is there will be no consequences. Our 6-6 BYU will go to some crap bowl game (we'll probably lose), and Sitake & Co. will be back next season.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
Ungoy
All-American

Post by Ungoy »

At this point, I would be almost happy if BYU somehow got left out of a bowl game... Spare me further embarrassment.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Sitake 1-8 vs Utah, Utah State, and Boise State.

19-19 total record as HC.

Simply unacceptable.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
a1247
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by a1247 »

What a freaking joke. You all can think firing everyone will fix the problems. It won't fix anything. Bronco knew the issues and knew how deep rooted they are and that's why he jumped ship. Take your blue glasses off and you will see the issues. Does the church want to win or just sell cougar tails. Their arrogance with the honor code kept them out of Big12. The honor code, restrictions when it comes to hiring a coach the ridiculous academic standards and being cheap is the root of the issues that is going to keep BYU down. Once ESPN leaves then BYU will get to air all there games on BYUTV and thats what they have wanted all along. BYUTV was the start of there problems with the MW and lead them down this horrible road of independence.

Gulf of Misery
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Gulf of Misery »

Around half time my nephew asked me who BYU's worst player was. I told him that I thought it was Burt.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Gulf of Misery wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:50 am Around half time my nephew asked me who BYU's worst player was. I told him that I thought it was Burt.
Ahhh, yeah. And he gave him them ball.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

a1247 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:50 am What a freaking joke. You all can think firing everyone will fix the problems. It won't fix anything. Bronco knew the issues and knew how deep rooted they are and that's why he jumped ship. Take your blue glasses off and you will see the issues. Does the church want to win or just sell cougar tails. Their arrogance with the honor code kept them out of Big12. The honor code, restrictions when it comes to hiring a coach the ridiculous academic standards and being cheap is the root of the issues that is going to keep BYU down. Once ESPN leaves then BYU will get to air all there games on BYUTV and thats what they have wanted all along. BYUTV was the start of there problems with the MW and lead them down this horrible road of independence.
BYU doesn't need to sell its soul or lose its identity to get back on track. BYU being BYU is a big reason why I root for them to begin with.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Me right now

8 straight losses
8 straight losses
tenor.gif (6.33 MiB) Viewed 1512 times