Max Hall at Arizona

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BigCougsFan
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Max Hall at Arizona

Post by BigCougsFan »

Arizona has four QB's this year... Three of them are 6'5"(John Skelton, rookie), 6'5"(Matt Leinart), and 6'6"(Derek Anderson), and our boy Max Hall, just barely passes 6" and 6'1"(I believe).

These "taller" QB's have rifles for arms, and can zip it in BUT their mechanics are off AND ESPECIALLY their timing. They have been working on that during spring ball.

From the sounds of it, Max has been the opposite. Arizona's QB coach is Chris Miller.
Max Hall, the Cardinals' other rookie quarterback, doesn't have that problem. He's listed at 6 feet 1,4 and his lack of height is one reason he went undrafted.

"Big reason why I was pushing to bring Max Hall in here is that I'm taller than him," Miller joked.

Hall was signed because he helped Brigham Young win 32 games. He's smart, competitive and it's obvious from only a couple of practices that he understands the passing game.

"You look at him on tape and he can make all the throws," Miller said. "He has real good timing, real good anticipation."
http://www.azdailysun.com/sports/footba ... 386dc.html

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Max Hall at Arizona

Post by Ddawg »

Nice!!!! Atta boy Max!! I'm pulling for Max all the way. I hope he makes the Cardinal Team!!!
8)

BYUBALLIN
Sophomore

Post by BYUBALLIN »

So cool if Max made the roster. Max is got alot of heart and you cant measure heart.

YBrit
All-American

Post by YBrit »

Go Max, even if it's diarrhea utah red colors.

twitter.com/Y4LYFE
Marsha's hiding in Lubbock, TX.

"We were boxed in and they weren't letting us breathe." -TH
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Though Max is the shortest QB on the roster, likely with the weakest arm (and the biggest mouth/temper... aside from a certain USC quarterback), it does sound like his accuracy is the best on the team. And that the QB Coach and Offensive Coordinator of the Cardinals want to see better accuracy from their starting quarterback above all else. And that Leinart is very shaky as the #1 guy right now...

"The quarterbacks threw the ball much better on Saturday than they did on Friday. The accuracy was much improved, especially from starter Matt Leinart and backup Derek Anderson. Anderson and John Skelton, the fifth-round pick, have big-time arms. Receivers better get their heads around in time after making cuts. Max Hall, a rookie, was very impressive today with his accuracy."
http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/79957

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
gmj81
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by gmj81 »

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/80228

Max Hall, the rookie free agent, looked as advertised. He seemed to pick up the offense quickly and I was impressed that he seemed to have no problem checking down in his progressions. Hall isn't very big and his arm is average.

What works against Hall is the Cardinals have not kept a quarterback on the practice squad since Ken Whisenhunt became coach. There's not enough work in regular-season practices for three quarterbacks, much less four, and the Cardinals like to use that practice squad spot for someone who might be needed during the season.So it would seem that Hall needs to beat out Skelton for a job.