BCS Changes if Big 12 implodes

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Wickchad
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BCS Changes if Big 12 implodes

Post by Wickchad »

With the rumors swirling concerning conference realignment and talks of super conferences, what happens to the BCS? It already looks like the Big 12 would be the main conference that everyone is looking to raid. If they lose 3 or 4 teams to the Big 10 and 2 teams to the Pac 10, does the SEC or ACC clean out the Texas schools? Will the Big 12 exist in two years from now? Would that possibly implode the current BCS system forcing some other kind of structure like a play off? Or can the BCS continue with only 5 active conferences (I'm assuming the MWC doesn't qualify because they will find a way to screw us...)

Y 4 Ever
All-American

Re: BCS Changes if Big 12 implodes

Post by Y 4 Ever »

What would need to happen then is the remaining members of the Big 12 would need to grab BYU, TCU, maybe Utah, and Boise, and then maybe even Southern Miss or another strong football school from the CUSA, and then hopefully have held onto OU, OSU, and Tech, plus the "also rans" like Kansas and KSU...and rebuild the Big 12 from there.

Whatever happens, it'll be fun to watch, and an exciting time in College Football.

BerliNY
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BerliNY »

I'm in favor of just about anything that destabilizes the BCS.

Loyal Strong True
Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

Big 12 might lose 3 schools, 4 tops. Texas will not leave, neither will any other Texas school. Texas gets more $$$ from the Big 12 than any other.

I think the Big East is the conference with the most to lose. If they lose 2 more football teams, they won;t have enough to field a football conference at all. Huge hoops league, tiny football league.

Y 4 Ever
All-American

Post by Y 4 Ever »

Lawboy wrote:Big 12 might lose 3 schools, 4 tops. Texas will not leave, neither will any other Texas school. Texas gets more $$$ from the Big 12 than any other.
I think that Texas would jump to the SEC in a heartbeat UNLESS the Big 12 gave them an even BIGGER piece of the pie. As would A&M (and those are probably the only 2 Big 12 schools that would make sense to the SEC)

Mingjai
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mingjai »

There will always be a conference as long as Texas and Oklahoma are together. Take away one of the two, and all hell will break loose. If I were the SEC, I grab both UT and OU, and consider adding Ok State and Texas A&M if any other conference went to 16.