San Diego State game thread

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: San Diego State game thread

Post by frdbtr »

a1247 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:55 pm Wilson had to throw that 1 second before he should have, the line didn't block and he had no choice it was high and the receiver hadn't even turn to look until the ball was there. But everyone will blame Wilson.
Throwing the ball up for grabs should get blamed on the QB every time. Wilson does that a lot, and our offense pays for it most of the time. Baylor Romney makes better decisions than wilson and it isn't even close. I will take a smart QB over arm talent every day of the week.

a1247
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by a1247 »

frdbtr wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:55 pm The reason why teams hit for big plays on Tuiaki's called blitzes is because he hasn't coached the guys on how to blitz and still cover so even a Redshirt freshman QB who has never played a second in college until this game can pick that kind of blitz apart. So then he gets afraid to call them and goes back to vanilla 3 man rushes. Our coaches get out coached in every game where we are playing teams with equal or better talent.
He apparently hasn't coached them how to cover in a 8 man pass coverage then either. Which is stupid to say. I don't think he's the right coach for the job.

blue42
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by blue42 »

frdbtr wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:55 pm The reason why teams hit for big plays on Tuiaki's called blitzes is because he hasn't coached the guys on how to blitz and still cover so even a Redshirt freshman QB who has never played a second in college until this game can pick that kind of blitz apart. So then he gets afraid to call them and goes back to vanilla 3 man rushes. Our coaches get out coached in every game where we are playing teams with equal or better talent.
Maybe he should try flipping it and rush 8 and drop 3? I mean it couldn't hurt since nothing else with the D seems to work.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

a1247 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:59 pm
He apparently hasn't coached them how to cover in a 8 man pass coverage then either. Which is stupid to say. I don't think he's the right coach for the job.
I agree with you on both statements.

a1247
Heisman Winner

Post by a1247 »

frdbtr wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:57 pm
a1247 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:55 pm Wilson had to throw that 1 second before he should have, the line didn't block and he had no choice it was high and the receiver hadn't even turn to look until the ball was there. But everyone will blame Wilson.
Throwing the ball up for grabs should get blamed on the QB every time. Wilson does that a lot, and our offense pays for it most of the time. Baylor Romney makes better decisions than wilson and it isn't even close. I will take a smart QB over arm talent every day of the week.
I agree but on that play it wasn't all on Wilson. The oline has been owned by SDSU dline tonight.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

This team has been so frustratingly hot/cold. You never knew how they were going to play week to week. I hope they figure it out going into next year.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

frdbtr wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:57 pm
Romney's decision making makes up for our coachs' ineptitude.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
a1247
Heisman Winner

Post by a1247 »

Wow that punt is the perfect way to end this game.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Fido wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:02 pm This team has been so frustratingly hot/cold. You never knew how they were going to play week to week. I hope they figure it out going into next year.
Frankly, I think that is asking a lot. Sitake's only consistent thing is his inconsistency. I was hoping they would hold off on extending his contract until he could show some consistency but that didn't happen either so we all have to live with this kind of inconsistent play for at least 3 more years.

a1247
Heisman Winner

Post by a1247 »

I wish I could see the wide angle view of the field to see if the receivers really are being covered this well.