Future Bowl Ties

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Future Bowl Ties

Post by scott715 »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4047 ... new-big-12

Raises a good question, what will happen to the bowl ties if the Big12 goes away? Can the MWC get the Holiday bowl back for one?

Metallicat
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Future Bowl Ties

Post by Metallicat »

My prediction is that many of those bowls will follow them to the PAC-10. I don't think the MWC will get any of those bowls. Of course, all this talk has made me very pessimistic about the future of CFB.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

Metallicat wrote:My prediction is that many of those bowls will follow them to the PAC-10. I don't think the MWC will get any of those bowls. Of course, all this talk has made me very pessimistic about the future of CFB.
Except the holiday Bowl is PAC10 v. Big 12. So hat one will have to change. same with the other big 12 bowl tie ins. The MWC has a chance to leverage itself here and get the Holidat Bowl back. PAC#3 v. MWC #2 sounds great. LV Bowl can get MWC #3. Then down from there.

bplewe
Recruit

Post by bplewe »

Sun Bowl ($1.3M) is also PAC 10 vs Big 12, although there is an option for Big East that could be promoted. While that would also be a good trade up, we really ought to shoot for an opponent other than the Pac ##. I'm so sick of playing them all the time, and I'll bet they're sick of playing us--neither side gets any exposure back east. The Alamo Bowl ($2.3M) just changed to a Big 12/PAC 10 matchup as well; my guess is the PAC## will try to shift that back to the Big ##.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Boise State's Humanitarian Bowl comes into the MWC now.

With 2 PAC-10 V. Big XII bowl games (the Holiday and the Sun), I wouldn't be shocked to see one of them follow Nebraska and become a Big Ten tie-in. If the MWC could somehow get the other... awesome!

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Humanitarian Bowl executive director Kevin McDonald isn't sure what will happen with his game. He expects major changes to bowl agreements — most of which were just signed — as conference realignment plays out.

The NCAA has determined a maximum number of bowl bids for each conference based on recent history.

"When the NCAA reviews the new alignment of the conferences, there will be a lot of discussion about what bowls should be aligned with what conferences and how many of them," McDonald said. "I don't know quite how important all these contracts are going to be."

The Humanitarian Bowl has four-year contracts with the WAC and Mid-American Conference. The game was founded largely by Boise State and is supported largely by Broncos fans even though Boise State hasn't played in the game since 2005.

"Our first option would be to always want to be part of Boise State, to be in the same conference as Boise State," McDonald said.

Read more: http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2010/0 ... z0qc2sSVaV