Dream Conference

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
bplewe
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Dream Conference

Post by bplewe »

There have been so many scenarios, why not one more? Let's say that Round 1 finishes as expected, with 5 of B12 South leaving, and the Big 5/12 left. Now let's say Kansas and Missouri are not happy with the baggage of any of the available conference options, and decide to construct a new conference from scratch (Actually, I this this is not that far-fetched). They take "the high road" as opposed to those who spurned them, their goals are a bit broader (Basketball, travel distances for non-revenue sports, etc.). However, BCS qualification ASAP is a must. Call it anything you like: Big West, Western League, Big 12, whatever; and any size you like.

Assume we start with:
* Kansas
* Missouri
* BYU (else why would we bother?)

Here are some options:
* MWC: Air Force, Colorado State, New Mexico, SDSU, TCU, UNLV, Utah, Wyoming
* B12 Remnants: Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas State
* Top of WAC: Boise State, Fresno State, Hawaii, Nevada
* Western end of CUSA: Houston, Memphis, Rice, SMU, Tulsa, UTEP
* Western end of Big East (if it implodes): Louisville, Cincinnati
* Could we pick off some other BCS schools, like Colorado?

Who would you pick? (I tried to do a poll, but it doesn't allow this many options)

This would be my set, although I'm iffy on the last 2 in each division:
East: Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, TCU, SMU, Houston (FB)/Memphis (BB)
West: BYU, Utah, Boise State, Air Force, UNLV, Nevada/Colorado State (I can't decide)

BigCougsFan
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Dream Conference

Post by BigCougsFan »

bplewe wrote:This would be my set:
East: Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, TCU, SMU, Houston (FB)/Memphis (BB)
West: BYU, Utah, Boise State, Air Force, UNLV, Nevada/Colorado State (I can't decide)
I don't know if I like having BYU, Utah, and Boise St. in one division. Very similar to the Big XII South. Either way... These three schools will somehow always be lumped in together if this type of conference does come to pass. Wether it's East-West OR North-South