There Can Only Be One

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
CrimsonCoug
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: There Can Only Be One

Post by CrimsonCoug »

snoscythe wrote:
CrimsonCoug wrote:
craigoscarson wrote:
I can't think of many times where I regret that a player was redshirted; however I can think of many instances where I regret that they weren't.
Jonny Harline being one, but for other reasons. He would have had a much higher chance of making it in the NFL with one more year. He might have even learned how to bench press. I think we beat UCLA w/ Harline. At the very least So'oto wouldn't have had that (horribly miscalled) fumble.
Harline had an injured wrist at the combine--another year wouldn't have made a difference. He'd be in the NFL now if not for the achilles injury.

That said, agreed that Crowton really blew that one in burning Harline's first year with a few snaps on kick coverage.
I had not realized he had a wrist & achilles injury; I don't recall that coming up in the report. Thanks. Clearly that underscores the tragedy of JH's misused non-redshirt. And underscores Crowton's rap as a bad manager. Crowton admitted that mistake before the Oregon LVbowl. And to burn it on special teams!

The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited to the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were and ask, "Why Not?" -JFK & SWK