Utah State, king of recruiting

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BerliNY
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Utah State, king of recruiting

Post by BerliNY »

jonnylingo wrote:The best part is when they say he didn't have an offer from utah or byu but that somehow him choosing usu means there is a shift if the recruiting culture in utah. absolutely hilarious. i like utah state but who wrote this article?
Exactly. But then add to that the fact that out of USU's rated, current recruits (that haven't already committed elsewhere) 16% are from Utah, compare that to the current USU roster where 35% of players are from Utah and the story completely falls apart. To me it looks like either USU is now having less recruiting success in Utah than they were previously or USU's "prized" recruits (2 stars, or maybe 3) are coming from CA and TX where 2 stars are consider table-scraps and then filling in the rest of the roster with the table-scraps from Utah high schools.

If I didn't know anything about football in Utah I could have looked past the lack of supporting arguments in the article and given the author the benefit of the doubt, but ...

Loyal Strong True
CannonCougar85
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CannonCougar85 »

BerliNY wrote:If I didn't know anything about football in Utah I could have looked past the lack of supporting arguments in the article and given the author the benefit of the doubt, but ...
Well the writer is directing his article to the USU fan in Logan. So based off of their football program and the fact that the fans will chant "Overrated!" while being down 20+ I think it is pretty safe to say that his audience knows nothing about football in Utah or in general.
:D

"We have a tradition unlike any other. Those that have gone before us are the giants upon whose shoulders we now stand."
-Bronco Mendenhall
KYCoug
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by KYCoug »

Mars wrote:
Breaking news!

Utah State has a chance at the Utahn players BYU and Utah don't want!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
This should be a "no brainer" which is exactly why I don't take Riley Nelson serious as a BYU Quarterback and won't until he shows something on the field more than he did at USU or last year. A good "field general/scrambler/running qb/decision maker/pocket passer" at USU does not equate to the same thing at the Y and never will. When we have to start competing for talent with USU we are really out of any reliant national football discussion.

Go Cougars!

L Hatton
Louisville, KY