Anyone have answers to these questions?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Dwight
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Anyone have answers to these questions?

Post by Dwight »

1. Now that the schedule eases up, will the team try to implement the type of passing offense that they had envisioned when recruiting Heaps?
2. If they are up by 30 points on an opponent (don't laugh), will they continue throwing the ball to give the pass game more practice?
3. Can they afford to rest any players like Andrew Rich?
4. Is there any moral victory in the fact that last years team with Max, Unga, and Pitta didn't do much better against TCU at home? Keep in mind that some of the SL Trib writers were saying that Patterson could name the score on the game. I really didn't think that is what happened. I'm wondering if some of those writers need to get jobs working for the MTN network.
5. Will Apo make a full recovery for next year, or is his joint going to be damaged? What finger joint was it (an interphalangeal joint, or a metacarpal phalangeal joint)?
Last edited by Dwight on Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Anyone have answers to these questions?

Post by SpiffCoug »

Dwight wrote:1. Now that the schedule eases up, will the team try to implement the type of passing offense that they had envisioned when recruiting Heaps?
2. If they are up by 30 points on an opponent (don't laugh), will they continue throwing the ball to give the pass game more practice?
4. Is there any moral victory in the fact that last years team with Max, Unga, and Pitta didn't do much better against TCU at home? Keep in mind that some of the SL Trib writers were saying that Patterson could name the score on the game. I really didn't think that is what happened. I'm wondering if some of those writers need to get jobs working for the MTN network.
5. Will Apo make a full recovery for next year, or is his joint going to be damaged? What finger joint was it (an interphalangeal joint, or a metacarpal phalangeal joint)?
1.) I doubt it. Anae hasn't show any ability to run any effective offense with Heaps throwing the ball yet.
2.) Since we're unlikey to be up by 30, I doubt it. If we do, I imagine we will continue to run the normal offense.
3.) Yes - during the bye week.
4.) No. Moral victories are for loser programs like Utat State.
5.) He enrolled early to participate in spring ball. He got hurt and didn't participate due to shoulder surgery. Then he has missed basically the entire season due to injury. I don't know what the injury was. All I know is he's had two major surgeries at BYU in less than a year. If that's not injury-prone, I don't know what is.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Dwight wrote:1. Now that the schedule eases up, will the team try to implement the type of passing offense that they had envisioned when recruiting Heaps?
1 - I hope not. Run the ball through the I with the occasional playaction. Our only chance to win out.
2 - I hope not. See one.
3 - I hope not. (See what I'm doing?) He is one of the only highlights in a bleak defense. He is the flame to which the other moths on defense gather.
4 - Nope. Anae can't get it done when opens are better than us, or prepare better than we do.
5 - Apo will make somewhat of a full recovery before the end of this year, although we will try to play this out as a full season injury to get a medical RS. If we were 6-1 right now, but still struggling in the receiving core, he would be back to practice in a week or so, and playing in two weeks. But with not really much to gain this season, we are just setting it up for next year.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

5) not so sure finger surgery counts as major surgery. Maybe that is why his medical redshirt wasn't a for sure thing.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

BYULV wrote:5) not so sure finger surgery counts as major surgery. Maybe that is why his medical redshirt wasn't a for sure thing.

yes, very true. But this is the ACL/MCL equivalent of finger injuries. Google the injury, and look at pictures, but only AFTER your lunch has had a lot of time to settle. :sick: :sick: :sick:

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

a1247
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by a1247 »

BYULV wrote:5) not so sure finger surgery counts as major surgery. Maybe that is why his medical redshirt wasn't a for sure thing.

When the bone is sticking out of the skin I would consider it a major injury. But thats just me.