BYU Defense 2011

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
YBrit
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU Defense 2011

Post by YBrit »

I read through the utah game and every 1 good play utah had BYU had 4 good plays, wtf? should've taken that fg when we had the chance.

Anyways, I'm wondering what our D will be like next year? Is this swagger toughness going to continue or will it struggle as a whole? Since we're changing out secondary I'm thinking some rough patches will be evident early on. I'm hoping for Bronco to continue the mentality we've seen recently.

We should be better right?

For that matter, does our Offense get better? Certainly they should since experience, speed coming, Ashworth leaving, and hopefully Reynolds returning, but with RMs are we excited for the tough start of the season and utah the first home game?

twitter.com/Y4LYFE
Marsha's hiding in Lubbock, TX.

"We were boxed in and they weren't letting us breathe." -TH
YBrit
All-American

Re: BYU Defense 2011

Post by YBrit »

Just found out NM bowl tickets are $35. Funny since the LV bowl last year gave me 4 tickets including free hotdog/drink vouchers for 14 dollars each. What a steal that was. I sold one of those tickets for 40 dollars.

People need to step up and represent for BYU, I'd be there if I was on the same continent during the game.

twitter.com/Y4LYFE
Marsha's hiding in Lubbock, TX.

"We were boxed in and they weren't letting us breathe." -TH
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

BYU's defense should be very good. We're going to have a slew of LBs who should be able to provide pressure off the edge, be tough up the middle and quick enough to drop into coverage.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

YBrit wrote: I read through the utah game and every 1 good play utah had BYU had 4 good plays, wtf?
Something interesting about the BYU-Utah game:

Though it seemed like the Cougars dominated up until some literal bad bounces in the 4th quarter, Utah had the two longest pass completions/receptions of the game, the two longest RB runs of the game, the longest kick return of the game, the longest punt return of the game, the longest punt of the game, more touchdowns, more running TDs, the QB with the best pass yardage per attempt, and the 2 QBs with the least sacks. BYU made more plays (consistency), but Utah made the most BIG plays, in nearly EVERY category. Better coached emotionally?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/b ... 1011270094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

Mars wrote:
YBrit wrote: I read through the utah game and every 1 good play utah had BYU had 4 good plays, wtf?
Something interesting about the BYU-Utah game:

Though it seemed like the Cougars dominated up until some literal bad bounces in the 4th quarter, Utah had the two longest pass completions/receptions of the game, the two longest RB runs of the game, the longest kick return of the game, the longest punt return of the game, the longest punt of the game, more touchdowns, more running TDs, the QB with the best pass yardage per attempt, and the 2 QBs with the least sacks. BYU made more plays (consistency), but Utah made the most BIG plays, in nearly EVERY category. Better coached emotionally?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/b ... 1011270094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yet they required all their points in the 4th quarter to win the game. I'll lose yards over points anytime. Except this time, when we lost BOTH yards and points. :~(