Is Caffeine Really Covered in the HC?

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Is Caffeine Really Covered in the HC?

Post by urroner »

BoiseBYU wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
loonmj wrote:Moderation in all things -- even moderation. :whistle:
I let this thread go for a while...I figured someone would post the HC text to answer the OP question (the answer is "no," BTW) and that would be that. Now that we are approaching page 6 rapidly, I will send this thread off to the Lounge so the letter of the law can continue to debate the spirit of the law.
I'll drink to that! I just won't tell you what ;)
And I'll drink to you drinking to that. :whistle:

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Schmoe »

snoscythe wrote:
loonmj wrote:Moderation in all things -- even moderation. :whistle:
I let this thread go for a while...I figured someone would post the HC text to answer the OP question (the answer is "no," BTW) and that would be that. Now that we are approaching page 6 rapidly, I will send this thread off to the Lounge so the letter of the law can continue to debate the spirit of the law.
Yeah, BYUROCKS answered it with the first response of the thread, but its been kinda fun discussing it and I think things have been very civil. At the time it seemed relevant to put in the BBall forum because it was somewhat related to the whole Davies debacle.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Schmoe »

NCPUMA wrote:Ha! Is the pectin in green jello something our bodies really need? (TIC) No, I get you're point.. moderation in all things. Maybe BYU creamery should set a personal purchase limit then.. like drinks at bars.. When someone gets out of control, the scooper steps in to put a stop to it.
I can see it now: "Gimme another cookies n' cream cone"
"I think you've had enough"
"I'll tell you when I've had enough, just scoop the cream!"

I just get tired of the argument from smokers "well, so-n-so eats burgers everyday and is fat, that's unhealthy too."
Yeah, but so-n-so HAS to eat, he could make better choices, but he has to consume food, you don't have to smoke anything ever...Anyway, it can be tough to get away from caffeine these days, even some lemon-lime drinks have them now, so I don't worry too much about it, just try to be aware of drinking too much I guess.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,