2012 - Chase Hansen

Discussion and information on upcoming and past BYU recruiting classes
jvquarterback
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

2012 - Chase Hansen

Post by jvquarterback »

Solid athlete. I didn't see him get past his first read until the seven minute mark and then only three times (two of which he scrambling). Anyone seen him play?

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Re: 2012 - Chase Hansen

Post by Lawboy »

Expected to be at least a 3* kid. Obviously, BYU put a higher premium on Tanner Mangum, so went and got him first. Not sure if BYU will really go for Hansen or not, but if he improves, I expect that they will try. We have added loads of QB depth, and if he plans on serving, will be another solid get for 4 years down the line.

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

He is listed as a OLB/SS on scout. Couldn't find any defensive highlights.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

I think the key will be what position does he want to play in college. If he insists on QB, not sure BYU goes after him. If willing to play Safety, I think we land him. His dad played at BYU. He lives in Utah County. He loves BYU. Getting an athlete to play in the secondary is always a top priority.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

As I mentioned above, if he wants to play QB, BYU will not get him. HE just verballed to Utah, and cited Norm Chow as the reason. Utah recruited him to play QB. HE was BYU's to lose. His dad played at BYU, they are BYU fans, but Chase said the PAC-12 and Norm Chow got him.

Utah needs QB's badly, though. He is their 2nd QB in this class.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up playing at BYU after his mission, which he will be leaving on before enrolling at the U so we wont have the Riley rule to trouble us.