Another Gun Grab Coming?

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Another Gun Grab Coming?

Post by snoscythe »

I don't blame this on Obama necessarily, but I'm sure he isn't fighting for our Second Amendment rights:

http://blogs.forbes.com/larrybell/2011/ ... p-in-arms/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Another Gun Grab Coming?

Post by hawkwing »

I think Obama and his cronies may be surprised at just how difficult it will be to disarm the American people. The question will be how long will police be willing to shoot and kill law abiding American citizens to fulfill UN laws.

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by jvquarterback »

It isn't like they aren't shooting down Iraqi war veterans in their homes already. If you haven't read about Jose Guerena and what the Tucson PD and Pima SD did to him you need to look it up.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

snoscythe wrote:I don't blame this on Obama necessarily, but I'm sure he isn't fighting for our Second Amendment rights:

http://blogs.forbes.com/larrybell/2011/ ... p-in-arms/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Any reason to think this WASN'T eventually going to happen?

Why is the US still in the UN? What good has the UN done since its formation, besides funnel money from the rich and give to the poor?

Let's face it, the world is coming after our liberties which include our guns and our religion. Which, according to Barry Obama, are what American's attempt to cling to for no other reason except they are "bitter". Kind of like the founding fathers who clung to their guns and religion and wrote a bill of rights to preserve such liberties? They also were probably just bitter.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

I just hope that the Supreme Court remains constituted as-is when this comes up on constitutional grounds 5 or so years down the road.

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

I would say the UN (and the World Monetary Fund) funnel money from the middle class to the rich (who happen to reside in countries where most people are poor).

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

jvquarterback wrote:I would say the UN (and the World Monetary Fund) funnel money from the middle class to the rich (who happen to reside in countries where most people are poor).
Indeed, thanks for correcting me.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

The UN is a dog with no teeth.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Someone needs to put that dog out of its misery before it grows some.

CAFB_04-12
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

The national guard was ordered to confiscate legally owned weapons in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina (under Republican President Bush). They also "quartered" themselves in a privately owned church without permission or payment (a more obscure amendment, to be sure).

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some refused to carry out this blatantly unconstitutional order.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Government's fear of guns in the hands of We the People isn't limited to liberals. All politicians in power ultimately want to remain in power, and guns in the hands of the People is the greatest real threat, aside from the vote, that they face. This is why the second amendment is so powerful.

The Jose Guerena situation is very saddening, not only because a patriot lost his life, but because this is not an isolated incident in this country.
Last edited by CAFB_04-12 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.