Discussion and information on upcoming and past BYU recruiting classes
byucougar1
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: 2012 - Tanner Mangum - verbal commit

Post by byucougar1 »

Additional information from Brandon Gurney:

"The final participants for the final Elite 11 will be named in a couple of weeks, shortly after they finish up the final regional camp held at Ohio State on May 20. "

Mangum stated,“I’ll admit to being a little nervous going in,” he said. “I’ve played well against competition here in Idaho, but you never really know how you’re going to stack up against all those kids from the big schools in Southern California, until you’re actually there. Now, after being through all that, I’m very confident that I belong there, and I can play and compete against the very best.”

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

byucougar1 wrote:Additional information from Brandon Gurney:

"The final participants for the final Elite 11 will be named in a couple of weeks, shortly after they finish up the final regional camp held at Ohio State on May 20. "

Mangum stated,“I’ll admit to being a little nervous going in,” he said. “I’ve played well against competition here in Idaho, but you never really know how you’re going to stack up against all those kids from the big schools in Southern California, until you’re actually there. Now, after being through all that, I’m very confident that I belong there, and I can play and compete against the very best.”
Please post a link to the story this quote comes from. Thanks!

byucougar1
Pro

Post by byucougar1 »

From his twitter notes today.

byucougar1
Pro

Post by byucougar1 »

Bleacher Reporter Edwin Weathersby (6/15/11) rated Tanner as the #17 QB prospect in the country. Says this about him:

6'2", 185 pounds, Mangum looks like an average QB. Then you grade him out on tape and see that he's actually really, really good. He just gets it done, as the game comes pretty easy to him.

Mangum makes solid decisions, lets his skill players do their thing by delivering the football in position for them to make plays, and has pretty accuracy. His arm strength is good enough to be a threat to all defensive levels.

BYU has him locked up.