New Weird Al Video

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

New Weird Al Video

Post by snoscythe »

*disclaimer--I grew up until late middle school thinking Weird Al was the funniest thing in the world. Then Mr. Bean showed me the light. Every now and then I look into what Al is doing for a bit of nostalgia.

That said, his new video is like some disturbing JibJab nightmare. I'm not sure what I hate more--the Lady Gaga original, or the creepy Weird Al take:

[youtube]ss_BmTGv43M[/youtube]

HoosierCougar
Junior

Re: New Weird Al Video

Post by HoosierCougar »

I have to say, Weird Al does creepy better than most anyone else.

I love his obsession/break-up/unrequited love songs. They are hillarious.

Also, his ability to parody/satire both lyrics and a broad variety of genres is part of what's kept him relevant for so long. And by relevant, I think I mean in the hearts of dorky teenage boys who sit in their basements and listen to his music while playing D&D :blush:

crazycougar84601
BLUEshirt

Post by crazycougar84601 »

Weird Al cracks me up...lobo fans are soooo lucky to live in a town where the towels are oh so fluffy and the air smells like warm root beer. The lepers and the shriners play the ukulele and anyone would gladly shave your back for a nickel waka waka do do yeah

That said I think he may see a resurgence with the likes of bruno mars, lady gaga, et all

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

crazycougar84601 wrote:Weird Al cracks me up...lobo fans are soooo lucky to live in a town where the towels are oh so fluffy and the air smells like warm root beer. The lepers and the shriners play the ukulele and anyone would gladly shave your back for a nickel waka waka do do yeah
And I'll never forget the first thing she said to me: she said "hey, you've got weasels on your face."

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
crazycougar84601
BLUEshirt

Post by crazycougar84601 »

So finally I go over and I open the door and just as I suspected its some big fat hermaphrodite with a flock of seaguls haircut and only one nostril....oh man, I hate it when I'm right

Classic

The love song about the girlfriend trying to kill him is a good one...baby, something tells me you don't love me anymore

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image