Trinity and True Enlightenment

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Trinity and True Enlightenment

Post by urroner »

Jesus said, Whom do men say that I am?

And his disciples answered and said, Some say you are John the Baptist returned from the dead; others say Elias, or other of the old prophets.

And Jesus answered and said, But whom do you say that I am?

Peter answered and said, "Thou art the Logos, existing in the Father as His rationality and then, by an act of His will, being generated, in consideration of the various functions by which God is related to his creation, but only on the fact that Scripture speaks of a Father, and a Son, and a Holy Spirit, each member of the Trinity being coequal with every other member, and each acting inseparably with and interpenetrating every other member, with only an economic subordination within God, but causing no division which would make the substance no longer simple."

And Jesus answering, said, "What?"

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Trinity and True Enlightenment

Post by SpiffCoug »

Ah,the simplicity of the doctrine of the Trinity.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

And Jesus wept.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

that was a long punch line.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote:And Jesus wept.
That's very funny! Ha-ha-ha-ha!!! :lol: :lol: ;)

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Some other great verses that become very clear if you just use God for any of the Trinity since they're all the same being/personage/unmaterial cloud:
Acts 7:55-56:
55 But he, being full of God, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and God standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and God standing on the right hand of God.

Matthew 3:16-17
16 And God, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and God saw God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo [God's] a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved God, in whom I [God] am ell pleased.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

SpiffCoug wrote:Some other great verses that become very clear if you just use God for any of the Trinity since they're all the same being/personage/unmaterial cloud:
Acts 7:55-56:
55 But he, being full of God, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and God standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and God standing on the right hand of God.

Matthew 3:16-17
16 And God, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and God saw God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo [God's] a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved God, in whom I [God] am ell pleased.

Concerning Acts, 7:55-56 and Stephen seeing Jesus standing on the right hand of God. There is a church in France that has stain glass rendition of this verse and it show God standing on his own right hand--he's sort of crouched over and not real comfortable. I kid you not!