What are you biggest sporting regrets?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Y 4 Ever
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

What are you biggest sporting regrets?

Post by Y 4 Ever »

Its a slow Monday...NOTHING else going on...so I thought this might be a fun topic.

Can be ANY sporting regrets - things you wish you'd done or seen, games you wish you had attended, etc. No rules - as long as its sporting related.

I have three:

1. I was THISCLOSE to buying tickets to the BYU/ :utard: bball game at the Huntsman center, but didn't end up going. And I missed the best 1/2 of bball by any player in BYU history. Wish I had gone.

2. I never saw Michael Jordan play live. Never went to a Bulls game at the Delta Center. So even though I was an adult for about 1/2 of his playing career, AND I live in an NBA town, I never saw the greatest BBall player ever play live. Wish I had.

Your turn.

Screamineagle
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: What are you biggest sporting regrets?

Post by Screamineagle »

My biggest BYU sport regret is this:
I was invited by my best friend to go to Lavell Edwards final game at Cougar Stadium the one where they renamed the Stadium and had all the fanfare for Lavell.It happened that I had to work that day and felt some loyalty to the job so I declined the invite. That was a big mistake .A week later they canned me and just recently my friend passed away so this has always been a regret.Maybe they have Cougarcorner in heaven and maybe my friend will see this.
Last edited by Screamineagle on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Y4LYFE
BLUEshirt

Post by Y4LYFE »

1-Moving to Big 12 country in a tiny place with a tiny tiny fanbase (no not TCU), but Texas Tech.

2-Not going to Oklahoma 2009. But I am going to TCU on friday.

Hair Thompson on MWC Financial Woes: “It cannot continue as it is”
-July 27
Smartest thing that moron has ever said.
mizzoucoug
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by mizzoucoug »

Not getting tix for last year's South Padre Island invitational. Could've watched Jimmer up close and personal.

cougarsunited
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by cougarsunited »

mizzoucoug wrote:Not getting tix for last year's South Padre Island invitational. Could've watched Jimmer up close and personal.
Dude, thats my regret as well! I was in SP that day, but felt like I shouldn't leave my parents that visited from Germany, I should have gone...

Y 4 Ever
All-American

Post by Y 4 Ever »

cougarsunited wrote:
mizzoucoug wrote:Not getting tix for last year's South Padre Island invitational. Could've watched Jimmer up close and personal.
Dude, thats my regret as well! I was in SP that day, but felt like I shouldn't leave my parents that visited from Germany, I should have gone...
No kidding! Parents are a dime a dozen, but there's only ONE JIMMER!

Mingjai
All-American

Post by Mingjai »

Only one I can think of right now--

I wish I would have gone to the 2007 USA versus Mexico Gold Cup final in Chicago. A free one hour flight from MSP and I could have seen one of the most exciting, meaningful matches in US soccer history that culminated in this game-winning golazo:

Y 4 Ever
All-American

Post by Y 4 Ever »

Mingjai wrote:Only one I can think of right now--

I wish I would have gone to the 2007 USA versus Mexico Gold Cup final in Chicago. A free one hour flight from MSP and I could have seen one of the most exciting, meaningful matches in US soccer history that culminated in this game-winning golazo:
Shoot, I guess I didn't make the rules clear enough. I meant to say anything sporting related...except for soccer! ;)

Mingjai
All-American

Post by Mingjai »

Y 4 Ever wrote:

Shoot, I guess I didn't make the rules clear enough. I meant to say anything sporting related...except for soccer! ;)
Well, you did cite an NBA-related regret, so I figured anything was fair game...

Y 4 Ever
All-American

Post by Y 4 Ever »

Mingjai wrote:
Y 4 Ever wrote:

Well, you did cite an NBA-related regret, so I figured anything was fair game...
Yes, but that was a pre-2000 NBA-related event. So its exempt! :lol: