Jabari Watch--it's OVER!

BYU Cougars on the court.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jabari Watch--it's on!

Post by Cougarbib »

Cougs_Rule wrote:Burgess was the number one pick that year? Huh. I didn't know that.
I believe he was. How often does that happen to a white Mormon kid?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
BYULV
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BYULV »

I don't see the press conference thing as a big deal, definitely not a sign of no being grounded or humble. The kid is deciding late in the game, he is the best recruit left uncommitted by far, the media is probably hounding him constantly and this gives him a firm date to tell people to "leave me alone until next Thursday". He's going to get a lot of press anyway, may as well do it on your own terms.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

BYULV wrote:I don't see the press conference thing as a big deal, definitely not a sign of no being grounded or humble. The kid is deciding late in the game, he is the best recruit left uncommitted by far, the media is probably hounding him constantly and this gives him a firm date to tell people to "leave me alone until next Thursday". He's going to get a lot of press anyway, may as well do it on your own terms.

Sometimes these are driven more by parents and advisors than by the recruits themselves. That was definitely true with Chris Burgess.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Tomorrow at 4pm Eastern, ESPNU.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

I didn't know that college basketball has a draft...

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

BYULV wrote:I don't see the press conference thing as a big deal, definitely not a sign of no being grounded or humble. The kid is deciding late in the game, he is the best recruit left uncommitted by far, the media is probably hounding him constantly and this gives him a firm date to tell people to "leave me alone until next Thursday". He's going to get a lot of press anyway, may as well do it on your own terms.
This isn't late for a top recruit in hoops/. They've been known to committ well after the actual deadline in the spring. http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/story/_/ ... cla-bruins" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

BYULV wrote:I don't see the press conference thing as a big deal, definitely not a sign of no being grounded or humble.
Hey, I don't think it's a matter of either being grounded or humble.

As far as being grounded, every time I ground my kids, they throw a fit and Parker is not throwing any fits, so no, I don't think his parents have grounded him.

For being humble, believe it or not, many people in my ward say that I'm pretty humble and every chance I get, I remind them of just how humble I truly am. Being humble and liking to get the limelight occasionally are not mutually exclusive.

Let the kid have some fun and be happy for him.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

I am going to throw my guess out there that it is msu.

Jabari at an in home from Florida on Monday, from Duke tuesday, and from MSU Wednesday. BYU managed a phone call.

MSU is poised for title run with parker and i think that a long with what life will be like outside of basketball for him will be why he picks michigan state.

beauso79
All-American

Post by beauso79 »

jonnylingo wrote:I am going to throw my guess out there that it is msu.

Jabari at an in home from Florida on Monday, from Duke tuesday, and from MSU Wednesday. BYU managed a phone call.

MSU is poised for title run with parker and i think that a long with what life will be like outside of basketball for him will be why he picks michigan state.
Seriously - only a phone call?!?!

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

I really doubt he picks BYU.

I think given his personality, all the fanfare he'd get here at BYU is a deterrent. Kid wants to play ball and go home.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel