Podcast: Bold Predictions*, Senior QBs, 2012 Season & Jabari

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Podcast: Bold Predictions*, Senior QBs, 2012 Season & Jabari

Post by hawkwing »

After a brief Spring hiatus the CougarCorner podcast is back and we're talking about the best topics in Cougar sports right now.

Check it out and let us know what you think!

http://podcast.cougarcorner.com/2012/06 ... enior.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Podcast: Bold Predictions*, Senior QBs, 2012 Season & Ja

Post by SpiffCoug »

I must toot our own horn, because I think this was a really good podcast. We covered a lot of ground and did it well.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

SpiffCoug wrote:I must toot our own horn, because I think this was a really good podcast. We covered a lot of ground and did it well.
Better or worse than this one? http://cougarcenter.net/2012/06/07/podc ... -in-a-hat/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Better or worse than this one? http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2012/6/7/ ... r-tweetbag" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Better or worse than Bronco Mendenhall on Maori TV in New Zealand (introduced at the 6:40 point)? http://www.maoritelevision.com/default. ... EPID=28980" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougarbib »

Being iPhone challenged - I have no clue. Things are a bit quiet. There must be some insiders somewhere that can tell us who is and who is not showing up for informal workouts - and which newbie surprised others with their speed or accuracy or endurance or leadership.

Or maybe the reason for division in the team exited left and the team is amazingly unified.

Maybe even the coaches are working harder - or not.

Sheesh - it is so quiet.

Maybe we need expansion rumors, QB controversy, recruiting defections or a highly publicized HC violation just to keep interest high in the fanbase.

And for the record - The Bibster is excited for that WSU game. Sheesh, their HC is the guy many once clamored for as OC at The Y. And he is colorful. Who knows what he may say about fat COEDS at BYU - especially those Freshman 10 girls.

This will be a great season opener. You can put an {*} by that one on the schedule.

BTW - I am also excited about that OSU game later this year and the Hawaii game and that battle of the stolen colors - USU rematch.

I am excited to see what Riley Nelson can rally the troops to do - sorry about the war related Metaphor there.

This will be a season of Asterisks and Metaphors - historians will debate for years who was In The Way of Whom this year when nobody is ready to take the reins vs the most daunting overall schedule ever in 2013. You can put an asterisk by that schedule right now.

Bold Prediction:

Bronco will announce this season as The Quest To Entertain - and This BYU team will deliver in a Cardiac Kids kind of way.

Google That.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

I hope Riley is Taking a page from Jakes book this summer and getting some coaching on his mechanics and throwing. Seriously. If we are to have a good season, he has to become a threat downfield and not just Chuckin ducks. It didn't work at Utah and it won't work again this year. Nor will it at bsu, ND, or GT.
I hope it's true what Doman is saying, that Riey is at the same "level" that Beck and Hall was going into his Sr year. I bet not just the doubters like me doubt that. I bet some of his fan club doubt that as well.
That's right. He needs qb coaching. He already tested out of the Bibster leadership coarse. Jake needed a semester of that. But leadership and followers hip from his team ain't going to get the passing game in high gear like it was for beck and hall. Oh yes, I get PER and all that, but dink and dunk or I'm not sure what to call what byu does, but it's not downfield. Whch means the Oline has to create more time as well.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Is anyone going to the Junior day next week? Looks like a lot of talent will be there. And we should get some committments too. Enough to keep us talking for a week.

cmurdoch
Gray Shirt

Post by cmurdoch »

dmcougar wrote:I hope Riley is Taking a page from Jakes book this summer and getting some coaching on his mechanics and throwing. Seriously. If we are to have a good season, he has to become a threat downfield and not just Chuckin ducks. It didn't work at Utah and it won't work again this year. Nor will it at bsu, ND, or GT.
I hope it's true what Doman is saying, that Riey is at the same "level" that Beck and Hall was going into his Sr year. I bet not just the doubters like me doubt that. I bet some of his fan club doubt that as well.
That's right. He needs qb coaching. He already tested out of the Bibster leadership coarse. Jake needed a semester of that. But leadership and followers hip from his team ain't going to get the passing game in high gear like it was for beck and hall. Oh yes, I get PER and all that, but dink and dunk or I'm not sure what to call what byu does, but it's not downfield. Whch means the Oline has to create more time as well.

I guess i missed the interview where Doman said Riley was on the same level as Beck and Hall. Id love to read that. Anyone have a link?

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

The Bibster does not expect Nelson to remind anyone of Beck or Hall when throwing. He will not. I did not see the Bronco quote, but I do expect Nelson to have the same kind of knowledge of the play book that Beck and Hall had and the same knowledge of what defenses are doing. Maybe that is What Bronco met.

I do expect Nelson to add a dimension that neither Beck nor Hall had to his level - the threat to make something out of nothing using his wheels and the ability to make the defense respect him as a designed runner at any time.

But zipping darts into tight coverage by quick and fast DBs - I would take Beck. Deep rainbow - Beck.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.