Marquis Win

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Marquis Win

Post by Cougarbib »

Can we call the first half lead over ND Riley's marquis win since he is only half of a QB?

Bronco

Execution and hold onto the ball. Keys to 2nd half.

BYU already has more points than I expected. Happy to be wrong.

I hope we keep getting good bounces and that our D can create more turnovers.

ND Coach - according to announcers, likes Mobile QBs and thus played his in Wildcat.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
redneckjedi
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Marquis Win

Post by redneckjedi »

Cougarbib wrote:Can we call the first half lead over ND Riley's marquis win since he is only half of a QB?

Bronco

Execution and hold onto the ball. Keys to 2nd half.

BYU already has more points than I expected. Happy to be wrong.

I hope we keep getting good bounces and that our D can create more turnovers.

ND Coach - according to announcers, likes Mobile QBs and thus played his in Wildcat.

Marquee win, perhaps? ;) Unless you've got a title of nobility for him, that is...

If the yewts take the field and there are no BYU fans to pour beer on, will anybody come?
Mingjai
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mingjai »

I believe it's "marquee" not "marquis."

EDIT: Darn. Not quick enough.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

Either way we will need to put an asterisk by it.

Now let's all crucify Riley for trying to make a play with 6 seconds left. They should have put in Lark and had him take a knee because Riley will not quit even if it hurts his PER.

OL just could not pass protect in the 2nd half and the run got shut down.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Unbelievable. You threw the knives at Heaps and all you have for Rley is excuses. You remind me of the media that press continuously protect and cover up and simultaneously handicap him as though he isn't capable of more.

dank80
Recruit

Post by dank80 »

Marquis Win? I've never heard of him, but he sounds fast.

SHIZ
Recruit

Post by SHIZ »

Cougarbib wrote: OL just could not pass protect in the 2nd half and the run got shut down.
that's a funny way to say that a QB couldn't hit a wide open receiver if his life depended on it

HoosierCougar
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by HoosierCougar »

From the twitter feed...
@gregwrubell Riley Nelson just told us that throwing behind Hoffman "will haunt me for the rest of my life."
Well, OK, cause me too. Also the throw behind Firel that Te'o picked off. Also the throw in Q3 that was almost picked off when you threw it between two receivers.

Legacy intact.

fifthqb
BLUEshirt

Post by fifthqb »

It should. Terrible throw. The announcers were baffled.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

dmcougar wrote:Unbelievable. You threw the knives at Heaps and all you have for Rley is excuses. You remind me of the media that press continuously protect and cover up and simultaneously handicap him as though he isn't capable of more.
Here is the most rediculous post of the day. I called for a look see at Lark - the guy everyone wants to see when Heaps was losing to a USU team that was not bowl eligible. Then I was happy to see Nelson the next season when Heaps was about to do it again. Heaps - the guy that promised a NC, was supposed to be a lock for the Heisman his junior year or sooner so he could go NFL a year early.

Nelson makes no such claims. Here is the difference - I set my expectations for Nelson realistically so I would not need to change them after losses to bad teams.

I do not need to make excuses for Nelson - I am just playing back the predictions I made when you were calling me the Riley Nelson apologist last summer.

I did not expect much from Heaps early in his career either. Right again.

Here is another difference - I never said I wished Heaps never came or did not deserve a schollie. I said he needed more experience and hated to see him transfer.

Here is another prediction - if he does not already, Jake will eventually realize that his transfer was a huge missed opportunity - borne of his on-going impatience. He would have had to endure a porous OL, but he would have had a defense that gave him chances to win on big stages and have the reins as a Senior in 2013 vs the most impressive BYU schedule ever. If ready he would have taken over in week 2 2nd half. If good enough, he would have never relinquished it.
You hate Nelson for some past reason before 2010 - you have admitted it - just not said what it was. Feel free to clarify that.

I do not and never have hated Jake Heaps.