SDSU in the Poinsetta bowl

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

SDSU in the Poinsetta bowl

Post by frdbtr »

Jay Drew is reporting that SDSU has accepted an invite for the poinsetta bowl. We have our 13th opponent.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: SDSU in the Poinsetta bowl

Post by scott715 »

Sagrain #53 I believe.

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

It will be fun to beat sdsu again. I hope that bronco had the team prepared to win that game. i could not stomach losing to sdsu right now.

if we lose i may jump on the fire bronco bandwagon officially. right now i am there with the caveat of only if you can find someone better.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

Nice. I hope we come out on all cylinders. SDSU will be very motivated.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Stirfry
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Stirfry »

Will Jenny Aztec make the official announcement?

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

SDSU has the motivation edge in this contest.

byucougar1
Pro

Post by byucougar1 »

I believe this will be former mentor vs protege. Wasn't too long ago that Long stated he didn't want to play BYU since they left the MWC for Independence. Chance to renew grudge match and let them know who stills rules the roost.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

jonnylingo
All Star

Post by jonnylingo »

byucougar1 wrote:I believe this will be former mentor vs protege. Wasn't too long ago that Long stated he didn't want to play BYU since they left the MWC for Independence. Chance to renew grudge match and let them know who stills rules the roost.

or we can let them know who uses their football program as a vehicle to make great church going men out of its players the best. bronco has the edge on that one. with that in mind it doesn't matter much if we win because making football players stand up men is more important than winning football games.

bronco needs to understand his job is to focus on football and to win games. vehicles for spiritual progression are the church, ordinance participation, even byu education, not football program. helping men be good church members and people is certainly a incidental part of being coach but it is not a vehicle for this, it is a vehicle to compete in a sport and to win as much as possible.

Sorry, I didn't need to use this thread to vent about Bronco, but I did.
Last edited by jonnylingo on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

jonnylingo wrote:
byucougar1 wrote:I believe this will be former mentor vs protege. Wasn't too long ago that Long stated he didn't want to play BYU since they left the MWC for Independence. Chance to renew grudge match and let them know who stills rules the roost.

or we can let them know who uses their football program as a vehicle to make great church going men out of its players the best. bronco has the edge on that one. with that in mind it doesn't matter much if we win because making football players stand up men is more important than winning football games.

bronco needs to understand his job is to focus on football and to win games. vehicles for spiritual progression are the church, ordinance participation, even byu education, not football program.
I'll bet Bronco understands what his bosses want out of him far better than you do.

You may disagree with what those men think, but that's a different issue.

jonnylingo
All Star

Post by jonnylingo »

hawkwing wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:

bronco needs to understand his job is to focus on football and to win games. vehicles for spiritual progression are the church, ordinance participation, even byu education, not football program.
I'll bet Bronco understands what his bosses want out of him far better than you do.

You may disagree with what those men think, but that's a different issue.
You are probably right but I do think Bronco uses it as a crutch sometimes. It drives me up the wall! He uses it to try and taunt me I know it!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: 8)