Doman on the way out

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Doman on the way out

Post by hawkwing »

Rumor has it that Brandon Doman is actively out shopping his resume around looking for different work.

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Doman on the way out

Post by EM_Puma »

Wow. How interesting, but not totally surprising if some of the smoke we've seen this year that he and Bronco have been at different ends of the QB spectrum.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

Smart move. His head was on the block. Easier to find a job when you have one as opposed to when you don't.

It's what I'd do if I were in his position.

To overcome the scrutiny he'd have to have quite the year next year and given Hill is still an untested player that's a big question mark.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

I think it's the right move for Doman, and maybe for BYU, depending upon who they replace him with.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

It is also true that Bronco might be out shopping his. HE and Holly might not be feeling too appreciated right now. Can;t say I blame him, to be honest.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

If Doman leaves, I fear we lose some very good recruits....

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

Too bad we can't like ship him to Snow College or SUU for a few years to get some seasoning, really develop his offensive system. Find out what his offensive identity is.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Schmoe »

SpiffCoug wrote:Too bad we can't like ship him to Snow College or SUU for a few years to get some seasoning, really develop his offensive system. Find out what his offensive identity is.
Yeah, and we can't like give him one more year without the QB debacle that has been Nelson/Heaps either. Oh, wait...

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Stirfry
All-American

Post by Stirfry »

I fear cougar fans might end up with bad case of the "careful what you wish fors". If this is true it'd be interesting to know if it's by choice or by recomendation from Bronco. This staff seems to have definately laid down a better foundation for BYU then we had 4, 6, 8 years ago. They have their shortcomings but every coach does. Using Utah as an example, I think it's more likely we enter into a Ray Giacoleti (sp?), Jim Boylen, Krysco cycle than an Urban Meyer- Kyle Whittingham cycle.

Maybe I'm just to conservative or maybe I'm just not quite old enough to remember anything prior to Detmer, but other than 1996 and 2001(on the mission) seasons, this has been the best 5 year stretch of cougar football I've watched. Even Urban Meyer's teams dropped off after Tebow left.

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

i was pretty sure that I wanted Doman gone but at this point he has shown he is a quick learner despite his mistakes and if he wanted to go to lark prior to utah but bronco said no then i think i want bronco gone and doman to stick around. we have already put the two years into him and he has shown flashes of greatness. no question he has been in over his head but i am afraid after putting two years into him he may end up being good.

i just want to know who put all our eggs in nelson. that person is mainly responsible for the mediocre seasons we have had the past few years in my opinion. my gut tells me it was bronco.

at this point i want some new assistants and doman and bronco to stay put. i would like to give them one more year. if doman can't improve the offense next year then he will never be any good. hoff, apo, wiliams, hill. all he needs is to shore up the oline and the offense SHOULD be better.

also if bronco was dictating to doman to play riley type ball then doman shouldn't be the one to get canned.