Adam Hine

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
mizzoucoug
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Adam Hine

Post by mizzoucoug »

So, who is this kid? Sounds like he's been discussed for years now but is only now set to play. Bronco said today that he's the #2 behind Williams, and apparently he's got some legit wheels too.

Is it too much to hope for that we'll have 2 Ronney Jenkins in the backfield this season? I mean, I wouldn't have believed that we would ever field a top 10 defense 2 years in a row so bring on the surprises.

tww
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Adam Hine

Post by tww »

I am pretty sure he still holds the state high school high jump record in Utah at something like 7' 2". So he is as athletic as you could ask for. I know he played RB and QB in high school.

Whether all of that can come together and be utilized remains to be seen.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Adam Hine is legit. Extremely athletic. The only question is his durability and staying injury free. We shall see. If he can stay healthy, and he finds some daylight, watch Adam hit overdrive. The running game should be very exciting (if 2-jay can get that O-line to perform).

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

Hine hasn't proved anything. He's nowhere close to being legit. It is completely unknown.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

C'mon Spiff, just use the P word. It's ok. ;) It won't kill anybody. He has shown both promise and potential otherwise Bronco wouldn't mention him as a 2. If the absolute litmus test is performance in an actual game..... The kid has speed and moves. That is a known.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I will use the P word in conjunction with one other word for Hine:
PROVE IT.

Potential and promise mean jack.

And yes, the absolute litmus test IS actual game performance. you don't play the game for practice sessions. You don't practice for practice. You practice for the GAME. Practice stats and performance don't mean anything if it's not reproduced on game day.

PROVE IT.

(8.4x
..................ATT
ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

SpiffCoug wrote:I will use the P word in conjunction with one other word for Hine:
PROVE IT.

And yes, the absolute litmus test IS actual game performance. you don't play the game for practice sessions. You don't practice for practice. You practice for the GAME. Practice stats and performance don't mean anything if it's not reproduced on game day.

PROVE IT.
That's actually two words ... ;)

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

ABYUFAN wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:I will use the P word in conjunction with one other word for Hine:
PROVE IT.

PROVE IT.
That's actually two words ... ;)
Right, hence my "in conjunction with...
;)

(8.4x
..................ATT
jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

Hine in high school was his whole team. he played offense defense special teams. i think i saw him play quarterback and receiver on the same play 8)

i have seem him play in practices and scrimmages. I think it is fair to say that he is good. it is also true that he has not proven anything on the field at this point. I think ddawg is right. he needs to stay healthy and see the field before we can get too excited about him.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

jonnylingo wrote:Hine in high school was his whole team. he played offense defense special teams. i think i saw him play quarterback and receiver on the same play 8)

i have seem him play in practices and scrimmages. I think it is fair to say that he is good. it is also true that he has not proven anything on the field at this point. I think ddawg is right. he needs to stay healthy and see the field before we can get too excited about him.
Too late! I'm already excited. Hine is destined for the NFL and if he doesn't get drafted it's because Bronco mis managed him.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel