Mind the Gap - BYU vs BCS Teams

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
byucougar1
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Mind the Gap - BYU vs BCS Teams

Post by byucougar1 »

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=25843736&nid=27 ... ss-extlink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Interesting comments made by Bronco:

1. He approved/designed this year's schedule and did so with the idea that it would give the team the best chance to get to BCS game if they show well (i.e. win). He thinks that they have the talent to do so (i.e. KVN, Hoffman, Hill, Williams, etc.)
2. They barely lost to ND, BSU, etc. when they didn't have the most prolific offense. If this is the difference between BCS teams and BYU, the gap isn't that great. He feels that BYU can beat any given team on any given day.

Sounds like his contract renewal acceptance, and new, funny, more relaxed, invigorated attitude (after 8 years at BYU) may reflect his settling into the position and confidence in where he can take this team and his expectations for greatness. IMO if our D can remain formidable and O keeps pace, this will be a very difficult team to beat.

Florwood
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Mind the Gap - BYU vs BCS Teams

Post by Florwood »

I have hopes and dreams too about this year. The thing about 'mind the gap', however, is that it's meant to keep people from getting too close to the edge, lest they get whacked by that oncoming train...

NebraskaCoug
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by NebraskaCoug »

Florwood wrote:I have hopes and dreams too about this year. The thing about 'mind the gap', however, is that it's meant to keep people from getting too close to the edge, lest they get whacked by that oncoming train...
Well then by your definition, let our 2013 BCS opponents mind the gap ;) ;) :evil:

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Mythranor
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Mythranor »

Speaking of Mind the Gap. This is a public service announcement out of Australia about not getting hit by trains. Enjoy.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Metal Bubba
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Metal Bubba »

Mind the gap? This is football, not football (uh, soccer). :-P

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

When you die, if you go somewhere where they ask you a bunch of questions about your life and what you learned and all, I think a good way to get out of it is just to say, "No habla ingles." ~ Jack Handey