Royal Blue Uniforms Coming Back

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
byucougar1
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Royal Blue Uniforms Coming Back

Post by byucougar1 »

TornBySports is reporting matching information from multiple sources that the royal blue uniforms will again be worn in 2013 when BYU hosts the Utes in Provo for the 3rd game of the season in September. Most recently they were worn in 2009 for the last two games of the season (Utah/Provo, Oregon State/LV MAACO Bowl) - both victories. I like the implications and hopeful continuance of a victory trend.

Schmoe
Retired

Re: Royal Blue Uniforms Coming Back

Post by Schmoe »

We should just bring them back permanently. Royal blue is BYU blue.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

I certainly agree with this. I like Utah State a lot better than Utah, but they have ugly uniforms. Why would we copy them?

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

FINALLY, a step in the right direction.

Bring back the royal so I can buy merchandise!!!

BerliNY
All-American

Post by BerliNY »

Word. Love this.

Loyal Strong True
Cougarfan87
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Cougarfan87 »

I concur 100%. I love wearing my royal blue or royal blue trimmed BYU hats. I don't wear the navy stuff nearly as often. One, it is too hot in the south, and too, I prefer the brighter royal shirts or I prefer white shirts with the logo to the navy ones. I would be ecstatic if they went back with royal blue all the time. It is the color of the signed helmet in my office (white with royal blue trim). It pops out better in the stadium than a sea of Navy shirts.

Teams can change designs around a little (adding striping here or there or switching up the pants shirts combo--I'm glad the blue pants are gone), but one thing a team should not do is flat out change it colors. Don't insert the argument about how we used to be other colors. I mean the colors it has been traditionally known by in the modern football era.

How many other major programs have just changed their colors?

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
CrimsonCoug
Senior

Post by CrimsonCoug »

In addition to a savvy fashion choice, it looks like Taysom's choice of headgear for his video interview on the golf course for the charity tournament was prescient! Or he's just dropping hints.

I like both unis. I think the navy and navy shirts are very wearable and look sharp on the field. But I also enjoy the special feeling of breaking out the royals for special events like the opportunity to shut the utes up for the subsequent 1100 days.

The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited to the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were and ask, "Why Not?" -JFK & SWK
Cougarfan87
All-American

Post by Cougarfan87 »

CrimsonCoug wrote:In addition to a savvy fashion choice, it looks like Taysom's choice of headgear for his video interview on the golf course for the charity tournament was prescient! Or he's just dropping hints.

I like both unis. I think the navy and navy shirts are very wearable and look sharp on the field. But I also enjoy the special feeling of breaking out the royals for special events like the opportunity to shut the utes up for the subsequent 1100 days.
I'm afraid really shutting them up is a bridge too far. ;) It will take a monster pounding to at least get them to simmer down a little. Another close call and they will just keep pointing out the recent record. I'll be happy with a close call, mind you, but I will be ecstatic with an absolute beat down, and usually I prefer close games.

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Is this the interview?

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=272&sid=25542692" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SpoCoug
Recruit

Post by SpoCoug »

Cougarfan87 wrote:How many other major programs have just changed their colors?
I remember when the NY Jets brought back their old helmets/uniforms, but they used a darker green instead of the old kelly green.

About that time, when BYU had the navy and tan uniforms, I thought, "That's what BYU should do. Bring back the old helmets and uniforms, but keep the navy."

My dream came true.

P.S. The blue pants are gone?