OL Preview 2014

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: OL Preview 2014

Post by jonnylingo »

scott715 wrote:http://deepshadesofblue.com/2014-outloo ... of+Blue%29

Sounds like the line will be much better next year.
correction: the online could be much better next year.

The rumors about tfab and kearsely are concerning. Tfab in particular. I just never thought we would see him on the field, but if we do i will be pleasantly surprised and that is an automatic HUGE upgrade. I don't believe the ones about Kearsley.

If mathews is healthy that is huge. He is crazy talented. The only thing stopping him was his health this past year. he can play guard or play a tackle spot which gives us quality depth there.

Jordan black could be big as well if he gets healthy. he was a big recruit that was very quick for his size. he has added like a hundred pounds though since high school so it will be interesting to see if he is able to make his way into the starting line up. but if he is healthy and in shape he could be a huge help to the line. adding a big strong and quick lineman would be a serious upgrade.

If Mathews and Black are healhty and Kearsely and Tfab are eligible and playing we will certainly be not only better but good at offensive line. those are all big ifs at this point though. hope the stars align. I am not counting on Mama. he doesn't want to play in a high tempo spread offense. i expect him to go to bama with ucla having a shot.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougarbib »

What are the rumors about Kearsley?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

Looks like Tayo is heading back to TCU.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

Sounds like the Oline will only be marginally better if at all next season. That sucks.

vrob
Recruit

Post by vrob »

anyone know why Tayo had no contact w/ the coaches or players while he was at BYU? I thought they'd welcome him and he could use the team's tutors, etc...is there an ncaa rule or something? or just Bronco finding out if he could "trust" him?

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/01/10 ... .html?rh=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

TCU did not release him so coaches could not contact him. Bad news.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Damien Mama is going on a mission. My guess is, after 2 years doing "the work", he'll end up at BYU. Good chance.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

Kearsley rumors. T Fab rumors. Anyone have any sources?

Edit

Wrubel just tweeted the link someone else posted above to star telegram. T Fab is gone. He made it clear he had regrets about coming to BYU. The article does not make it at all clear what went wrong here. T Fab has long been unstable - family issues are frequently mentioned going back as far as high school.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

Cougarbib wrote:Kearsley rumors. T Fab rumors. Anyone have any sources?

Edit

Wrubel just tweeted the link someone else posted above to star telegram. T Fab is gone. He made it clear he had regrets about coming to BYU. The article does not make it at all clear what went wrong here. T Fab has long been unstable - family issues are frequently mentioned going back as far as high school.
I don't think Bronco ever planned on him being part of the team.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

Of the Oline improves, it will be tied to 2 things:

1)Health
2)Experience

Get guys healthy, in particular Mathews, and they will play better. And getting Kearsley, Wesley and other D1 experience last year, and now with a spring ball to help them, with make a difference.

Now we just nee Dr. Anae to figure out how to best call a game for Hill and this scheme.