Vai S tweet says something bigger is coming

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
SpoCoug
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Vai S tweet says something bigger is coming

Post by SpoCoug »

I think the Vai tweet was a good thing, regarding one or more transfers to BYU. I believe the suspension thing to be a separate issue that seems to be gaining steam.

trueblue72
Sophomore

Post by trueblue72 »

I think it will be good news I was just responding to the otherpost.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Stirfry
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Stirfry »

scott715 wrote:I was under the impression that this would be a good thing for us not bad.
If suspensions are the "bigger is coming" thing it's a really random way of Vai letting it out. Why make it appear the two are connected?

I think he's talking about something else when he says something bigger is coming following Langi and it will be a good thing for BYU.

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
DeVon
Recruit

Post by DeVon »

Yeah, I guess Vai wouldn't necessarily have the scoop on the drinking thing.

The other rumor floating around is that a few more players are transferring from the U to BYU after missions...including (yes, I know we've heard the jokes/indications) Chase Hansen. Could be interesting. Something about sinking ships, rats, etc.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

DeVon wrote:Yeah, I guess Vai wouldn't necessarily have the scoop on the drinking thing.

The other rumor floating around is that a few more players are transferring from the U to BYU after missions...including (yes, I know we've heard the jokes/indications) Chase Hansen. Could be interesting. Something about sinking ships, rats, etc.
What a perfect analogy.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Man! Looks like recruiting continues to just explode with their PAC-o-Crap affiliation. Now whether or not these transfers were correlated to losing record the last two years; who can say....honestly.... But two losing record seasons, no bowl game--yep, sure is working out for them (eye-roll). And now that Whit doesn't have his BYU bowl game to secure his job, its one more losing season (is this their hardest in three years?) and he will be on a very short list, if not fired. But, he won't make it to a fourth losing season. And without BYU two years running to save his job, he will be done.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

DeVon wrote:Yeah, I guess Vai wouldn't necessarily have the scoop on the drinking thing.

There have been 2 players over the last couple of years that I hated to see go somewhere other than BYU. The first was Taysom Hill, the second was Chase Hansen. I hope they both end up at BYU and lead the way for the new QB type that is developing at BYU.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

If Vai is tweeting and hinting at it, and no one else is, it just means BYU hired a polynesian to some position somewhere at the university.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

Cougs_Rule wrote:Man! Looks like recruiting continues to just explode with their PAC-o-Crap affiliation. Now whether or not these transfers were correlated to losing record the last two years; who can say....honestly.... But two losing record seasons, no bowl game--yep, sure is working out for them (eye-roll). And now that Whit doesn't have his BYU bowl game to secure his job, its one more losing season (is this their hardest in three years?) and he will be on a very short list, if not fired. But, he won't make it to a fourth losing season. And without BYU two years running to save his job, he will be done.
So someone needs to remind me why we'd fare better in the B12 than Utah has in the P12? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see us dominate the SEC, but I could see us becoming like Utah if we have to face a brutal schedule every year.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

snoscythe wrote:If Vai is tweeting and hinting at it, and no one else is, it just means BYU hired a polynesian to some position somewhere at the university.
Was exactly what I was thinking. A new Polynesian assistant coach or something that will pay "big" dividends down the road in recruiting and retaining Polynesian players.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel