Sockgate sources?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Yndian
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Sockgate sources?

Post by Yndian »

From Uani Unga's Twitter last night:
@UaniUnga ·
Lost all respect for some BYU players today! #smdh #snitchesgetstitches

@UaniUnga ·
Some be quicc to forget.... Band-Of-Brothers
So it sounds like team members have found out which other team members (apparently more than one) started the sockgate investigation. Unless they were seniors, I actually hope the names don't leak out and that the team handles it internally. But in this day and age I'm not sure it's possible for them not to get out...

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Sockgate sources?

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Who is more guilty here? Uani! Call them out in private. You are the one drawing attention to this in the public. Dude! THink before you tweet!

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Furthermore, how do we know that the "snithches" didnt actiually help prevent further violations and thus larger and more damning penalties by the NCAA? Who is protecting whom, Uani? We love you braddah and all you did here at the Y, but get over your family history of violations and need for covering up violations as though that has some nobility. HAve you ever read about Enron? Doesnt Bronco expect the type of leadership that watches out for the program? Are your loyalties to a few players and the manager or the program?
#rootoutevil #bandofthieves #bandofgadiantons #bandofbrothersbastardized

craigoscarson
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by craigoscarson »

Are we sure this has anything to do with sockgate?

Uani offered to sell his #4 BYU jersey on twitter the same day... I'd imagine that people might be calling coach about that. Preston Hadley had to talk Uona Kaveinga out of selling his on twitter.

I'd imagine a young dude with a family to feed, values $500-$1000 more than his game used jersey at times... but boy would he regret selling that and I'm sure his teammates would do anything to keep him from selling because many of them know it's not worth it.

Not sure if this is the case, but I think we read into these cryptic tweets a little too much at times.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

I've been in and out of the loop a lot the last couple of months--has BYU announced any suspensions for the UCONN game yet? Or are they still "investigating"?

BTW, it's not sock that are at issue. It's Busby taking players out to lunch to talk things through when they were having a hard time. A player who was having a hard time and heard about Busby having a sit-down-and-commiserate-over-McD's with another player got butt-hurt that Busby wasn't doing the same for him, and took his frustration to Twitter. It's not sock-gate, but rather Duane-was-trying-to-be-a-father-figure-and-breaking-a-dumb-meal-rule-gate.

If they would have had the chats over a free meal in the Legends Grille = no violation. They go two blocks for some privacy and have free lunch at Wendys = violation.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

No news, and totally quiet. Might have to wait until the UConn game to know if anything came out of it.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I also find it interesting that the local media has found Uani Unga's cryptic tweet worthy of more discussion than Utah's Wilson's arrest.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

SpiffCoug wrote:I also find it interesting that the local media has found Uani Unga's cryptic tweet worthy of more discussion than Utah's Wilson's arrest.
To be fair, Wilson wasn't arrested--just cited. While Sockgate is something local media has invested lots of time and for some their reputation as they have taken a beating from fans. So they are eager to have some results to flaunt.

49erCoug
BLUEshirt

Post by 49erCoug »

Fido wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:I also find it interesting that the local media has found Uani Unga's cryptic tweet worthy of more discussion than Utah's Wilson's arrest.
To be fair, Wilson wasn't arrested--just cited. While Sockgate is something local media has invested lots of time and for some their reputation as they have taken a beating from fans. So they are eager to have some results to flaunt.
To be fair.. Wilson WAS ARRESTED.. but.. instead of going to jail he was given a citation.. IF he would have gone to jail, he still would have received the same citation.. It still counts as an arrest, he just avoided going to jail for the night.

Ungoy
All-American

Post by Ungoy »

Wilson's arrest/citation is not an issue with local media, because they will absolve :utard: players of responsibility for any confirmed infraction, but they will railroad any BYU player for anything that might have happened, legal or not.