Friday Scrimmage

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BYULV
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Friday Scrimmage

Post by BYULV »

Schmoe wrote:I will sadly be missing this scrimmage due to the fact that I'll be all-night smoking a buncha' pork shoulders for our lacrosse team car wash and BBQ the next day ($5 car wash and $5 lunch, Saturday 10 am-2 pm, Saratoga Springs Walgreens -- corner of SR-73 and Redwood Rd.) ;)
Shameless plug . . . I love it. I would be there if I were any closer.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

I wish I could grab some lunch on Saturday, but I'm heading up to my cabin to do some work.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougarbib »

Friday Scrimmage is at 6:00PM????????

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Yeah, that's been the announcement from the beginning.

TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Junior

Post by TulaneVandyRiceCoug »

Checkin in at the front row, 40 yd line. Coooool

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

That didn't do much to put any budding QB debate to rest...

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

No it didn't. Thill was slow to decide and it cost him 2 INTs. I get that he is trying to stay in backfield to get a pass off and his game is to run and get rhythm. But Stewart simply looked better passing the ball. Yes, against the 2nd D, but some really nicely thrown balls.
I never would have seen the possibility of a QB battle with THills gifts and game, but BYU will be limited if they don't have a consistent passing game. Now, I guess, the d gets to read the O all camp and can cheat and show better then the O. And, I'm pretty sure the OC isn't just putting all the best plays out there for the world to see. But still, THill has to improve in his passing or he will simply be the best running QB BYU has ever seen and not amass the passing game he needs to go to the next level.

Wolverine
Senior

Post by Wolverine »

This team does not need any indecision on who the #1 QB is and BM seems to be driving home the point that TH is who the unquestioned #1 is. I like the fact that Stewart seems to be a competitor and a more than capable backup. TH definitely needs to improve in the passing game. The fact that he knows his weaknesses, and is driven to succeed in those areas bodes well for the long run. TH and the offense need a fast start out of the gate at UConn as the confidence factor will grow exponentially. Shame JW won't be available. Hopefully TH won't feel as if he has to fill JW's shoes as well. On a positive note from tonight, sounds like the defense has a nasty side and doesn't like to be outdone :). Two weeks til kickoff. Can't wait. Go Cougars!

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

snoscythe wrote:That didn't do much to put any budding QB debate to rest...
Several people seated around me were fully ready to have a QB Controversy. Coaches tried to head that off by putting Hill back on the field for consecutive series. But Hill kept struggling. Boy can still run, though. Stewart looks more comfortable throwing. You never know until contact starts though. We know Hill is tough. Stewart is unproven.

And, with GFGH, it was hard to track supporting cast and opposing defense comparability. I am encouraged that if Stewart has to come in, he might be serviceable.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

So it sounds like the offense will continue to be pedestrian again this season. Check. My expectations have officially been adjusted.