Max Hall Caught Thiev'n and Drug'n

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Max Hall Caught Thiev'n and [personal use sizing]

Post by Gunk »

hawkwing wrote:
Cougarbib wrote:
hawkwing wrote:Yes, 3 related topics were combined with the largest topic thread retaining title spot, even though ND's post came first.
Any possibility that the CC magic wand could go back and change dealin to possin? For accuracy?
Any post you make you can change the Subject line on. If the Original poster wants to change the topic I'll leave that up to him or her.
I started the thread before details came out. I would have no problem changing it except I appear to be inept at doing so.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougarbib »

hawkwing wrote:
Cougarbib wrote:
hawkwing wrote:Yes, 3 related topics were combined with the largest topic thread retaining title spot, even though ND's post came first.
Any possibility that the CC magic wand could go back and change dealin to possin? For accuracy?
Any post you make you can change the Subject line on. If the Original poster wants to change the topic I'll leave that up to him or her.
I know. Been there and done that on one of my posts last year. In fact, I had sent a PM to ND, thinking he was the OP, since the thread lists him as the OP, and he let me know it was not his title. I also explained that it will only change the title on his post and not subsequent posts by others that have carried that title forward. Anyway, it gives the appearance that it was ND that slandered Hall when it was actually Gunk. I guess anyone that reads this far will have figured that out.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

Cougarbib wrote:...slandered Hall when it was actually Gunk...

Slandered...seriously? Good grief. It was an error. At the time we didn't know how much cocaine he had on him or what the full charges were.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

Gunk wrote:

Slandered...seriously? Good grief. It was an error. At the time we didn't know how much cocaine he had on him or what the full charges were.

Well, actually, that is how slander works - stating as fact about someone, something that is not true. Sometimes it is malicious - intentional. Sometimes it is accidental. In this case accidental and insensitive even if it had been true. At least it is accurate now. Thanks for that.

Admittedly, I do not know if you actually spoke those words out loud to anyone, so defamation or libel might be more accurate.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
NDCougar
Sophomore
Fan Level: 2nd Favorite team

Re: Max Hall Caught Thiev'n and Deal'n

Post by NDCougar »

Bib, I am sure Gunk did not make a comment to "slander", "defame" or hurt anyone. He was likely simply making a comment that MH was arrested and obviously was joking about "thiev'n and deal'n". This is not a malicious act and I highly doubt anyone is putting a lot of stock on what is written here, not sure anyone reads the title and believe MH is dealing drugs.

On a side note the Utah fans I know and the comments I have read have been much for empathetic than expected. I have seen sever emails and posts making jest at Max, but mainly in the context of his past rant. Overall I think the Utes have been understanding; but YES there will always be a group of idiots at the U (like any school) who make sure to point a finger.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

NDCougar wrote:Bib, I am sure Gunk did not make a comment to "slander", "defame" or hurt anyone. He was likely simply making a comment that MH was arrested and obviously was joking about "thiev'n and deal'n". This is not a malicious act and I highly doubt anyone is putting a lot of stock on what is written here, not sure anyone reads the title and believe MH is dealing drugs.

On a side note the Utah fans I know and the comments I have read have been much for empathetic than expected. I have seen sever emails and posts making jest at Max, but mainly in the context of his past rant. Overall I think the Utes have been understanding; but YES there will always be a group of idiots at the U (like any school) who make sure to point a finger.
yes. Joking. I got that. As I mentioned earlier, The die hard Ute fan that brought it to my attention closed by saying - not a joking matter.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

Cougarbib wrote:
Gunk wrote:

Well, actually, that is how slander works - stating as fact about someone, something that is not true. Sometimes it is malicious - intentional. Sometimes it is accidental. In this case accidental and insensitive even if it had been true. At least it is accurate now. Thanks for that.

Admittedly, I do not know if you actually spoke those words out loud to anyone, so defamation or libel might be more accurate.

LOL!

Than 60% of the content on here is slanderous, including your comments. Just go back and look at the slander you've posted about Carlino.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

Big difference between posting something as FACT - dealin - and posting something as an opinion - selfish shooter, plays out of control.

So let me know which FACT I have ever stated about Carlino that is not true, and a retraction and apology will be immediately forthcoming.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Please keep the conversation on topic of Max Hall and the current situation, future comments not on topic will be removed.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

hawkwing wrote:Please keep the conversation on topic of Max Hall and the current situation, future comments not on topic will be removed.
Agreed...But in the meantime let's remove the "Deal'n" It's just plain flat-out wrong. Gunk you are a smart media guy and articulate at that. I am sure you can figure out how to fix it....Maybe I am wrong but go to your post click on edit and then reword....If that is wrong on how to do it, I am glad to stand corrected.