Jim McMahon - The Time is Finally Here

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Jim McMahon - The Time is Finally Here

Post by Cougarbib »

Been a long time coming, but he has finished his classwork.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Jim McMahon - The Time is Finally Here

Post by SpiffCoug »

I wonder if they retire the jersey/entrance into the HoF this year or wait until next year.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

SpiffCoug wrote:I wonder if they retire the jersey/entrance into the HoF this year or wait until next year.
Not sure how fast the administration will process, but after course completion they need to graduate him. Not sure if they will expedite between periods or have him walk with the next class. That would be huge to have him walk. But it is a delay. I hope they let Jim decide.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

Congratulations and thanks for helping put Brigham Young in the national spotlight. I'm glad you came back to get it done.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

I had the fortune of living in Chicago when Jim played for the Chicago Bears. My sister-in-law taught him in high school. And, of course - at BYU he rocked the nation. Deserved a Heisman Trophy IMHO. Those Super Bowl Rings were sweet.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Bueno. Excellent. And yes, I agree that Jim McMahon deserved winning the Heisman. Big congrats to Jim. Job well done. One helluva QB. It was the "house of thrills" when Jim was on the field.

tww
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by tww »

This is very happy news! I feel a big celebration coming on with a satisfying healing element to it as well.

I was in Jack Murphy stadium when Jim refused to lose to SMU. It is one of those stories that, if you weren't there, it is hard to describe the magic that took place that night in front of the faithful that stayed to watch it unfold.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

tww wrote:This is very happy news! I feel a big celebration coming on with a satisfying healing element to it as well.

I was in Jack Murphy stadium when Jim refused to lose to SMU. It is one of those stories that, if you weren't there, it is hard to describe the magic that took place that night in front of the faithful that stayed to watch it unfold.
I was in Chicago watching it on a delayed broadcast on an obscure channel and got so engrossed that I forgot that it was 4:00 AM when the broadcast ended and called my best friend in Utah to talk about the game. I can still remember his wife answering the phone. H e l l o?

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

I think Holmoe has this at the top of his to-do list. Jimmy Mac's biggest motivation for doing this was so that his dad could see it happen, and his dad is ailing. TH has been his biggest cheerleader and knows the situation, so I doubt he delays any more than absolutely necessary.

sage
BLUEshirt

Post by sage »

snoscythe wrote:I think Holmoe has this at the top of his to-do list. Jimmy Mac's biggest motivation for doing this was so that his dad could see it happen, and his dad is ailing. TH has been his biggest cheerleader and knows the situation, so I doubt he delays any more than absolutely necessary.
I am glad the admin stuck to their guns on his graduating. It shows a commitment that carrys a whole lot more weight as a school HOF rather than just a FB HOF. Good for both BYU and Mac.