Gordon Monson gets it right, for once

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Gordon Monson gets it right, for once

Post by SpiffCoug »

Cougs_Rule wrote:Yes. But are You the pot or the kettle? Good ideas are good ideas. I defend and agree with his ideas not his personality.
These are not his ideas. He doesn't have his own because he doesn't want to own anything. He simply wants people to read or listen to what he has to say. Not his opinion, but to him. Therefore he will write or say anything without attaching any real ownership of what he is putting forth.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

Cougs_Rule wrote:Yes. But are You the pot or the kettle? Good ideas are good ideas. I defend and agree with his ideas not his personality.
Pot or kettle? What are you talking about? Let me be blunt - I have known Gordo Monson for years - from way back. He is a tool. Correction - Gordo Monson is an arrogant, self absorbed, POS tool. I will not waste my time with his crappy, superficial, self serving bilge.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougarbib »

Cougs_Rule wrote:Thin skin gets ripped. Why let him get his claws into you.
Nobody actually thinks that Bronco is going to get his coaching tips from gordon monson. Gordo is pandering to his TribUte audience as usual. Yes, he is trying to make BYU sound like little brother. Who cares.
But BYU better get their wisdom from somewhere, bc pride and success ruin nations--and it will for Cougar Nation if these boys inhale the continued hype for now. And then when and if they get closer to undefeated, will face a whole other pressure even larger than just winning one game at a time.
The irony is that Ute fans think he is a BYU Homer. I do not know him personally, but have noticed a pattern that posters on here generally do not respect many, if any, local or even national sports writers and commentators whether it be Herald, D News, Trib, Radio, ESPN, even BYU TV. Personally, I like to hear what others have to say - especially those with a different take - even though I realize that part of their game is to intentionally wind fans up.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
KYCoug
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by KYCoug »

I like what Bobby Knight said about all sports writers

"All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things." — Bobby Knight

I would put Monson in that category.