Gimpy at BYU Games

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Gimpy at BYU Games

Post by hawkwing »

Anyone have any experience with coming up lame during the middle of the football season? I may not be able to walk very well this Friday and depending on how I feel climbing up to the upper half of the upper concourse stairs may not be possible. Does BYU do any sort of trading of regular season tickets for temporary unable to walk seats?

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Gimpy at BYU Games

Post by EM_Puma »

Hey, you're Hawkwing. You should "fly" up to your seat in your upper perch!

I honestly couldn't tell if your post was TIC or not.
Last edited by EM_Puma on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

Drop your tickets by my office, and enjoy the games from the CougarCorner Man Cave.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

:lol:

Thanks for the advice, Sno!

I was being serious, EM, I've got a heel spur thing going on right now from a hiking accident over the summer and standing/walking/climbing stairs is uncomfortable right now.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

hawkwing wrote::lol:

I was being serious, EM, I've got a heel spur thing going on right now from a hiking accident over the summer and standing/walking/climbing stairs is uncomfortable right now.
Crutches?

Find it hard to believe BYU doesn't have some sort of handicap access. What if someone with no legs wanted to watch the game?

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

Hawk

The last BYU game my father-in-law attended was in Sun Devil Stadium. He was retired in Sun City. I drove out from Southern California to pick him up and take him to the game. This may be the only BYU trip I have ever taken that my wife did not challenge me about my priorities in life.

He would fit tight in here if he was still alive. Dang refs. Biased. Hate Mormons. Cheaters. Holding. He loved BYU.

We had nose bleed seats. He was in his late 80s. I helped him hike the stairs, but, he was very independent, and by the time he got to his seat, he had dropped to his hands, clutching his LaVell Edwards autographed ticket he got when I introduced him to LaVell at the pre-game breakfast, in one hand and crawled up the last few steps. I thought he was going to die right on the spot.

Anyway - BYU won just like LaVell promised my father-in-law they would. Kevin Feterik, iirc. It was just about the best day of his life other than the day he got married and the births of his children. His wife is still alive. 98 and counting. I gave her a ride up and down a steep hill in my Yamaha Rhino in August at a family reunion at my ranch. She had been sitting in her wheel chair watching everyone else get a turn and I could tell she felt left out. She cannot walk, so we lifted her into the seat - strapped on the seat belts, and gave her a wild ride.

She said it was the best day of her life.

You never know when it will be your last game.

So what I am saying, us that if you need some old fart to come help you crawl up to your seat, I am there for you!

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
redneckjedi
All-American

Post by redneckjedi »

Gunk wrote:

Crutches?

Find it hard to believe BYU doesn't have some sort of handicap access. What if someone with no legs wanted to watch the game?
There are ramps up to the second level, and wheelchair seats on the walkways between the second level portals. If you could get one of those knee scooter thingies, you'd be good from the parking to the stairs of your section. Hopefully your row is not far removed from the portal.

If the yewts take the field and there are no BYU fans to pour beer on, will anybody come?
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

When I had awesome seats as a part of Cougars United (before they effed it all up), we were two rows ahead of the wheelchair spots, and I want to say that they weren't always all used up.

I'd call the ticket office to see what I could find out.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

I've often wondered too as to who gets to use the wheel chair areas. Does one have to buy a ticket with that designation or is it first come/first serve if you have a visible injury or challenge.

Disability Tickets and Seating
Seating accommodations for guests in wheelchairs or with other physical disabilities are available at Edwards Stadium. At Edwards Stadium, wheelchair seating is located on the upper and lower concourses of the West Stands and on the lower concourse of the East Stands.

For ticketed events, wheelchair section seat tickets are required. With each wheelchair-accessible ticket, if available up to three companion tickets are also available for purchase. If you have already purchased your tickets and are concerned they will not meet your accommodation needs, please contact the Marriott Center Ticket Office as early as possible before the event.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Sounds like you need to buck up, slather some douglas fir essential oils on that thing, and be a man about it. CLIMB THOSE STAIRS HAWK!!!!!! ;)

hiking accident causing a "heel spur"? I'm all ears as I deal with feet on a daily basis.