BYU Fans Got Everything They Wanted This Weekend Except

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU Fans Got Everything They Wanted This Weekend Except

Post by Cougarbib »

Except for these 2 things

1. BYU lost at home to unranked Utah State and possibly became unranked behind its pocket passer style backup Quarterback as fans clamored for an end to Running QB risks and madness even though any serious reflection shows that two beat downs of Texas, and many other wins would have been losses without taking those risks.

2. Utah beat top 10 UCLA on the road behind their running man backup QB as Ute fans celebrated the win, celebrated BYU misery, and reignited PAC Championship dreams and probably became ranked in the top 25.

So other than that, BYU fans finally got to see:

The OL, Wide Receivers, and DBs and linebackers at full strength for the first time this season.

The lock down corners show how well they can play man to man defense

Bronson Kaufusi show how well he could lead and facilitate the team in sacking the QB.

Taysom Hill show how well he can throw the deep ball.

Half of the top 10 lose.

Other ranked teams lose.

Everything they wanted to see but two things as they celebrated the total demise of the Ute program, assumed a simple and easy win over USU as they looked past USU to the simple and easy win over UCF and how the selection committee would screw BYU out of our rightful playoff spot.

Entitlement
Hubris
Whatever

As the Rolling Stones Would Say, "It's All Over Now".

Gotta blame. Need to fire everyone. The tables have turned.

Myself. I am glad I only need to wait until Thursday night to see how our team can rally around its backup QB who just might be a better passer than his predecessor and certainly will not run as much.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
jacksonman
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: BYU Fans Got Everything They Wanted This Weekend Except

Post by jacksonman »

I watched this game from 10,000 feet on the Boulder Mountain during an awesome trophy Brook Trout fishing trip. We went through the hassle of packing up a Satellite TV and it was awesome being able to watch the game from a place that has likely never seen a TV before.

That being said, I have never seen a beat-down or massacre like this. 54-10 and Florida St. were similar, but Utah St is freaking Utah St, with a back-up QB, at home, after a ye week, and we had 5 or 6 players carted off the field, including a season ended for our Heisman candidate, and I can't remember one USU player being seriously injured. They beat us up in every facet of the game and it wasn't even close.

My opinions:
1) Bronco is a great DC and a great GA but a horrible HC. He won't ever take BYU to an undefeated season. He will likely keep a clean program and get us to crappy bowl games after beating 7 or 8 crappy teams with maybe one good win mixed in. But he will always find a way to lose a game or two that we shouldn't, he has taken us to #3 in the state, and he has lost control of team disciple, accountability and preparation. He can't find a way to get a great OC on the team. I can't stand the word "execution" any more and he uses it with every comment he makes. His philosophy does not work and he needs to be demoted or at least take back over the DC role and let someone else hire him a real OC.

2) Running man QB philosophy needs to go! We can run an uptempo offense, but this 4-5 year experiment of a running QB has proven disastrous! When was the last time we had so many injuries to our QB's? I also think this type of offense with the go fast go hard is difficult for our O-line, who seem to create a decent pocket most of the time when the play is a simple pocket passing play.

3) Anae needs to go! I could not believe he continued to run Stewart as soon as Hill got injured! His play calling and philosophy are atrocious!

4) Our pass rush is the worst I have ever seen! We have no creativity in our rush, with 3 or 4 guys bull rushing the guy in front of them and not making any progress. Bend don't break combined "execution" is producing some of the most boring, vanilla football I have ever seen, well until Taysom got creative and put the Team on his shoulder. Well that ain't happening anymore.

5) I am excited to see Stewart go, although I wish Bronco would have done what it took to keep Ammon Olson. We will continue to lose the great pocket passers until we get rid of this gimmicky running man offense!

Time to join my wife back in the hot tub! 8)
Here's hoping to a miracle next week!!

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: BYU Fans Got Everything They Wanted This Weekend Except

Post by Cougarbib »

Show me the fish? But do not put fish in the hot tub. A picture of you and your wife - modest of course - in the hot tub, would be symbolic.

A lot of teams are taking running man QB risks and rewards. Even the Utes. Their backup QB looked like a veteran as they best UCLA in Pasadena.

Undefeated seasons are rare for almost every program in the country. Half of the top 10 lost this weekend.

Parity makes sports fun. Enjoy it.

Did you see any nice fishing properties for sale in Boulder? I am looking for something between Fillmore and Kolob for extended family recreation.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.