I've got an uncle...

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

I've got an uncle...

Post by BroncoBot »

who just happens to be a ute fan. He tells me that Taysom's broken leg is "bronco's fault for running Taysom Hill so much, I even really liked Taysom and was hoping he would have a great year" he tells me.

I've also talked to a few BYU fans who hold similar beliefs. I just don't think it's true.

First of all, Taysom Hill is just another average to less than mediocre QB if he is NOT running the ball as much as he was. AS a purely passing QB he probably wouldn't have beat Texas this year, and USU would have just destroyed BYU without HIll's running. He extended drives with his legs which was both impressive and required at times.

Second, pure passing QB's have injuries as well. BYU has created a few of these (bradford comes to mind) and just today we saw one of the better passers in the PAC-12 (Connor Halliday) go down with a "leg fracture" on a passing play..

Believe what you want, but if BYU had any chance of making anything of this season, it was going to depend on T. Hill's legs. It was a rare type tackle that caused a rare injury and overall one of those "stuff" happens type deals.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Re: I've got an uncle...

Post by Brayden Green »

Taysom hill was in the top 15 in completion percentage against the meat of our schedule when he went down.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Laquon Treadwell just had the same thing happen to him unfortunately.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

I think it is Kyle Whittinham's fault that Taysom got his leg broken because if he had not turned down the BYU job, he would be the head coach at BYU and Taysom wouldn't have broken his leg against USU if Kwhit was the coach, since utah hasn't had any QB injuries with Kwhit as had coach. :whistle:

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

From dumb to dumber.

It's about percentages and probabilities. Why is CS less at risk that TH? Bc he is playing smart. The problem is ANAE and Hill thought he was invincible and instead of developing a whole football team, they are relying too much on THill.

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

You need to tell your uncle that unless he can name 5 things than Bronco has done right, then you need not listen to his opinion on anything Bronco. If according to him everything Bronco does is wrong, then your job is easy, that is disregard everything the guy says because he has an irrational bias against him

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

ABYUFAN wrote:You need to tell your uncle that unless he can name 5 things than Bronco has done right, then you need not listen to his opinion on anything Bronco. If according to him everything Bronco does is wrong, then your job is easy, that is disregard everything the guy says because he has an irrational bias against him

Already disregarding everything he has to say concerning BYU or/and utah.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Cougs_Rule wrote:From dumb to dumber.

It's about percentages and probabilities. Why is CS less at risk that TH? Bc he is playing smart. The problem is ANAE and Hill thought he was invincible and instead of developing a whole football team, they are relying too much on THill.
And he (CS) could still be caught at any time from behind and break his ankle just like T. Hill. Was Hill injured trying to do something crazy or reckless? I don't think so, he was trying to get a few extra yards and there was no real contact, except at his ankle unfortunately. Yes, Hill did take more risk with his body, but that particular play had nothing to do with that.

rblack
Sophomore

Post by rblack »

Taysom Hill was a running back that could throw. He was not a Riley Nelson quarterback with a death wish. Fans need to understand that there is a difference between the two. It was only a matter of time before Nelson went down because he was not built to take the pounding of getting hit all the time. Coupled with his inability to throw, Nelson was a ticking time bomb. Hill, on the other hand, is bigger and stronger. Did running the football so much increase the opportunity for injury? Yes, that is why our starting running back has been injured twice this year alone. If Hill wanted to play running back in the NFL, you could probably find teams that would go be willing to develop him based on body type. With Hill, it was not simply a matter of time before he got injured. It was a football injury that can happen to any quarterback, running back or receiver. People get tackled in football. Sometimes tackling results in season ending injuries that turn a great team into a mediocre team. A prime example of this would be 2001. Our running back goes down. BYU has a quarterback that can run. He does not go down. However, BYU goes from a great team to a team that isn't. Hill got injured. Not only did Hill get injured, multiple starters got injured. HIll simply had the most impact. It's football. Get over it.

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Fido »

Injuries happen. And they are rarely to blame on a coach. Sounds to me like he was just trying to stir the pot with you. ;)