Rank the 2015 Season

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.

Of the games listed, which is the LEAST difficult

@ Nebraska (#28, 9-4)
4%
vs Boise St (#15, 12-2)
No votes
@ UCLA (#10, 10-3)
No votes
@ Michigan (5-7)
38%
vs East Carolina (9-4)
46%
@ Cincinnati (9-4)
No votes
@ Missouri (in KC)(#14, 11-3)
No votes
@ Utah St (#32, 10-4)
13%

Total votes: 24

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Rank the 2015 Season

Post by SpiffCoug »

The bottom third has been established. Three of the four easiest games are at home.

I'm going with Michigan here. I think Harbaugh is going to need more than a few games to right the ship that Hoke ran aground.

Here's how we stand so far:
1. ???
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???
7. ???
8. ???
9. vs Fresno St (6-8) (87%
10. at San Jose St (3-9) (76%)
11. vs UConn (2-10) (83%)
12. vs Wagner (7-4) (95%)

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
scott715
TV Analyst

Re: Rank the 2015 Season

Post by scott715 »

The next few picks are pretty tough to choose.

redneckjedi
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by redneckjedi »

I have to go with ECU at home over Michigan away, just in terms of odds of winning.

If the yewts take the field and there are no BYU fans to pour beer on, will anybody come?
FurriousCougar
Freshman

Post by FurriousCougar »

Surprised to see so many Michigan votes. I know they're not what they used to be, but it's Harbaugh and it's still Michigan - AT the Big House.

What's depressing is to see that I'm the first and only vote for Utah St. so far. I'm not saying I disagree that much, just that it's depressing that we're that afraid of them now. If you told me a few years ago that we'd be more afraid to play Utah St. than Michigan at the big house, well you know the rest. Not little brother anymore I guess.

I suppose I am afraid that Taysom will get hurt...but technically it's Chuckie's turn this time around.

SpoCoug
Recruit

Post by SpoCoug »

Cincy is a home game.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

FurriousCougar wrote:Surprised to see so many Michigan votes. I know they're not what they used to be, but it's Harbaugh and it's still Michigan - AT the Big House.

What's depressing is to see that I'm the first and only vote for Utah St. so far. I'm not saying I disagree that much, just that it's depressing that we're that afraid of them now. If you told me a few years ago that we'd be more afraid to play Utah St. than Michigan at the big house, well you know the rest. Not little brother anymore I guess.

I suppose I am afraid that Taysom will get hurt...but technically it's Chuckie's turn this time around.
Here. Here. its rediculous. And even though i think our Cougs find motivation--espcecially frm Srs, to go in with payback and stomp the Ags, I think ECU at home is still slightly more probable statistically. I have no idea how many players return this year for ECU.
But as for Meeshigan, Harbaugh will have his boys ready after a loss to the Utes and a month to work out kinks in their schemes. I just dont see Harbaugh failing that bad, even in his first year with depleted ranks. But as for ease, ECU, USU, Cinc/Neb, then Mich are my next five. I think BYUs chances of pulling off a win in week 1 vs the huskers are better than week 4 at Mich.

YNot
All-American

Post by YNot »

Cougs_Rule wrote:Here. Here. its rediculous. And even though i think our Cougs find motivation--espcecially frm Srs, to go in with payback and stomp the Ags, I think ECU at home is still slightly more probable statistically. I have no idea how many players return this year for ECU.
But as for Meeshigan, Harbaugh will have his boys ready after a loss to the Utes and a month to work out kinks in their schemes. I just dont see Harbaugh failing that bad, even in his first year with depleted ranks. But as for ease, ECU, USU, Cinc/Neb, then Mich are my next five. I think BYUs chances of pulling off a win in week 1 vs the huskers are better than week 4 at Mich.
ECU and it's easy. They lost their QB and by-far-best WR to the NFL. You can't just look at the 2014 records. They are rebuilding in 2015. Plus, the game is in Provo right after the Pirates travel to Dallas to play SMU. The longer of back-to-back long road trips.

Michigan will be much improved with Harbaugh at the helm. There's no way that Michigan in the Big House is easier than ECU at home in 2015...we need to reset the vote.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

I chose Nebraska. They've got some holes that they might not be able to fill early in the season, and I think they've become comfortable winning easy games in week 1 at home. It's my opinion that we go in healthy and angry and shock them before they begin playing better and we suffer some casualties and begin playing worse.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Harbaugh rebuilds through recruiting. He's not a first-year turnaround kind of guy. Most of the time, his teams do worse his first year than the year before his hire.

mizzoucoug
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by mizzoucoug »

I don't trust BYU at home anymore. Way too many duds in front of the home crowd in recent years. I think they're hungrier outside of Provo. Going with USU.