ECU game link

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: ECU game link

Post by BoiseBYU »

Miracle Mangum strikes again!

Wolverine
Senior

Post by Wolverine »

The Legend of Tanner Mangum lives on

Wolverine
Senior

Post by Wolverine »

That was one wild and crazy but entertaining game. Hope Tanner heals quickly. Exciting win in a must win situation. Cincinnati won't be any easier next week. Go Cougars!
Last edited by Wolverine on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ungoy
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Ungoy »

Mangum's saves the day again! Hope that hamstring heals well this week.

Ungoy
All-American

Post by Ungoy »

They must've had Mr. Miyagi in the locker room. :)

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

Whew! Survived a great back and forth game. They need to get Hoge a bunch of reps this week--they need to get past Cincinnati so that they can play the 2nd string against Wagner and hopefully get Mangum's hamstring healthy over the bye week.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

This is one of those rare games where the win was because of the players...one player really...Mangum. Brought us back from being down 14 points and then comes back in while injured to win us the game because the offense without him wasn't doing squat and Bronco's defense was awful. Like someone said on the other board, if Bronco can't field a good defense he is worthless to us.

Short term I'll enjoy the win. Long term, we MUST have Mangum back next week or we're dead in the water. I'm sick of all these injuries. I don't know if it's a result of our early tough schedule, lack of conditioning, or just being soft but our lack of depth is alarming.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
Wolverine
Senior

Post by Wolverine »

KingCoug wrote:This is one of those rare games where the win was because of the players...one player really...Mangum. Brought us back from being down 14 points and then comes back in while injured to win us the game because the offense without him wasn't doing squat and Bronco's defense was awful. Like someone said on the other board, if Bronco can't field a good defense he is worthless to us.

Short term I'll enjoy the win. Long term, we MUST have Mangum back next week or we're dead in the water. I'm sick of all these injuries. I don't know if it's a result of our early tough schedule, lack of conditioning, or just being soft but our lack of depth is alarming.

I agree with you on the injury front. It seems to be happening across the country. Georgia loses their stud RB in first quarter today, and plugs in RB #B who goes for 150 yards against Tennessee. That is the difference between P5 depth and BYU depth right now. Tanner is the real deal.

Wolverine
Senior

Post by Wolverine »

Best coaching decision of the night was to keep Nate Carter on the sidelines and go with Brown, Bernard, and a little bit of Dye.
Last edited by Wolverine on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ungoy
All-American

Post by Ungoy »

I don't know many teams that can go 3 deep on their QBs without serious dropoff. They're third steering for a reason. Depth at QB having your starter and backup go down in a season would hurt any team.