Women's Soccer 2016

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.
BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Women's Soccer 2016

Post by BlueK »

I don't know. She seems to be a little out of place compared to last season for whatever reason.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

On BYUSN they just reported that Ashley Hatch has just been added to the US women's national team roster for a couple of games they have this month.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Very cool!

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

coachK
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by coachK »

So...we are going to be without our leading scorer for almost half of our conference games?

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

LMU game tonight on ESPNU.

SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

coachK wrote:So...we are going to be without our leading scorer for almost half of our conference games?
Any reports on when she leaves the team? After this week, we don't have as many really tough games. I hope she doesn't leave before the next two or we could have a problem. It's awesome for her. I have hoped she'd get a chance to play with the national team. But it is a tough one for the team.

"I grew up a BYU fan from day one. Everybody that bleeds blue, that’s how you live."
SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

Has anyone else looked at the 24-man roster for the National Team?. Hatch is one of only three college players. The other two are from Stanford. The remainder are all professional players. That's quite a compliment.

"I grew up a BYU fan from day one. Everybody that bleeds blue, that’s how you live."
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

She has school to do too. The games are a week apart. Not sure how long camp would go.

SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

I hate to say it because I love our soccer team, but they haven't looked like a top-ten team the last few matches. Even with the win over San Francisco, they got four goals in seven minutes, but looked kind of weak and sloppy for most of the rest of the game. I think, perhaps they are playing too tight due to the rankings. Not having fun anymore. The loss Saturday was depressing, really difficult to watch, especially after starting out the season SO well. The next couple of games without Hatch could be tough. By the way, what is with Gomes? She's playing like she's bored half the time.