Here we go

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Matty-B
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Here we go

Post by Matty-B »

BYU / Mormons hate and discriminate the LBGTs but what about the Qs?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ion-school

Stirfry
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Here we go

Post by Stirfry »

I've thought for awhile now that this issue will be the death of byu sports eventually. Not saying today is that day but I think this issue is our biggest long term threat in athletic competition.

Btw- I really wish some people weren't allowed on comment boards. Some of those alleged pro-byu post on ESPN are cringeworthy. It's like a fast and testimony on your mission with an investigator and you see the crazy lady heading to the microphone.

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

Stirfry wrote:It's like a fast and testimony on your mission with an investigator and you see the crazy lady heading to the microphone.
That comment brought back some memories.

:lol:

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

EM_Puma wrote:
Stirfry wrote:It's like a fast and testimony on your mission with an investigator and you see the crazy lady heading to the microphone.
That comment brought back some memories.

:lol:
This one time we had just resolved some doubts of an investigator about members worshipping Joseph Smith...and a guy for the closing prayer of sacrament meeting, literally the next day, gets up and prays to Joseph Smith.

So yes, some mormons/BYU fans be crazy.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Stirfry wrote:I've thought for awhile now that this issue will be the death of byu sports eventually. Not saying today is that day but I think this issue is our biggest long term threat in athletic competition.
Oh brother. Step away from the ledge.
Btw- I really wish some people weren't allowed on comment boards. Some of those alleged pro-byu post on ESPN are cringeworthy. It's like a fast and testimony on your mission with an investigator and you see the crazy lady heading to the microphone.
What's cringeworthy is some of the way off the mark, Gospel conflicting comments we see from supposed Church members on this board and Cougarboard.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

In this instance the vast majority is on BYU's side. Keep PC out of college football is what I'm reading. Sports are a sacred institution to many Americans and this attempt (purportedly out of Cinci and UofH to sabotage our candidacy) does not appear to be helping the gay cause.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

BOID
Junior

Post by BOID »

mizzoucoug wrote:In this instance the vast majority is on BYU's side. Keep PC out of college football is what I'm reading. Sports are a sacred institution to many Americans and this attempt (purportedly out of Cinci and UofH to sabotage our candidacy) does not appear to be helping the gay cause.
This just what I have been saying. I think that there has to be a ceiling for these haters to crash into. I really don't believe that the general public has an unlimited reservoir of sympathy for selfish lobbying groups. Equality is fine, freedom from persecution and torment is paramount, BUT, they don't have an unlimited license to bully. In this instance, they're not seeking equality; they are attempting to attack and to wound beyond recovery, to kill. The Athlete Ally chairman concedes that he did not attempt to reach out to BYU to discuss any concerns. This clearly demonstrates an attempt to punish people for their beliefs, for being who they are. Also, they had no motive to discuss or negotiate, because they intended to use lies and deception, which would have been exposed by any process of sincerity and good faith.

I think these LGBT advocates have over- played their hand, and it could come back to bite them. They could merely suffer a loss of public empathy and patience, in that bullying and bigotry are distasteful things on their part as well. More significantly, they could be vulnerable to a suit with demonstrable damages due to libel.

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

Good to see you back mizzoucoug

mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

Jarhead wrote:Good to see you back mizzoucoug
You too buddy. You guys have plans Labor Day weekend?