Starting to lean towards Evan McMullin for President

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Starting to lean towards Evan McMullin for President

Post by hawkwing »

BroncoBot wrote:
BlueK wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
BlueK wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:If Hillary is elected, I have a sinking feeling this thing goes to hell in a handbasket quickly.
:)
Will you be disappointed if it doesn't?
No. Will you?
Of course not.
So basically you're ok with being "NeverTrump", even if it means potentially disrupting America through electing, by elimination, a hypocritical, lying, theiving, bribing, hateful, vengeful criminal of an individual who by past actions believes she can play by whatever rules she wants because she can intimidate and use her influence to get her way.

I don't see how that is going to be better for our country, but to each their own.

Trump is a dirtbag, but not on the same level as Hillary. I believe OVERALL he has America's best interests much more closely aligned with his own vs his opponent. He really is the only viable option unless you want to vote for Hillary. At this point, unless there is someone who suddenly has a realistic shot, I'm voting for Trump. If nothing else, to show there was another voter who found Trump more appealing than the alternative.
I'm grateful that I will be able to vote my conscious and vote for a candidate that I believe in. I'm also grateful that by doing so I will be signifying to the GOP that I will not put up with hypocritical, lying, thieving, bribing, hateful, vengeful criminal, racist, sexual assaulter of an individual who by past actions believes he can play by whatever rules he wants, and is also a huge liberal as a candidate.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
BlueK wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
BlueK wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:If Hillary is elected, I have a sinking feeling this thing goes to hell in a handbasket quickly.
:)
Will you be disappointed if it doesn't?
No. Will you?
Of course not.
So basically you're ok with being "NeverTrump", even if it means potentially disrupting America through electing, by elimination, a hypocritical, lying, theiving, bribing, hateful, vengeful criminal of an individual who by past actions believes she can play by whatever rules she wants because she can intimidate and use her influence to get her way.

I don't see how that is going to be better for our country, but to each their own.

Trump is a dirtbag, but not on the same level as Hillary. I believe OVERALL he has America's best interests much more closely aligned with his own vs his opponent. He really is the only viable option unless you want to vote for Hillary. At this point, unless there is someone who suddenly has a realistic shot, I'm voting for Trump. If nothing else, to show there was another voter who found Trump more appealing than the alternative.
I'm grateful that I will be able to vote my conscious and vote for a candidate that I believe in. I'm also grateful that by doing so I will be signifying to the GOP that I will not put up with hypocritical, lying, thieving, bribing, hateful, vengeful criminal, racist, sexual assaulter of an individual who by past actions believes he can play by whatever rules he wants, and is also a huge liberal as a candidate.
As I said, I think Trump is a dirtbag. Could you point out to me ways that Trump has been " hypocritical, lying, thieving, bribing, hateful, vengeful criminal, racist, sexual assaulter of an individual who by past actions believes he can play by whatever rules he wants, and is also a huge liberal as a candidate."

Wikileaks has all but proven my case against Hillary. I've seen a lot of accusations against Trump, but I would love to see some real dirt on the guy. Help me switch my vote.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

You said he was a dirtbag but now you want "real" dirt? Isn't that a contradiction? I get it. You're dug in. And a lot of this is based on what we believe might happen without being able to perfectly see in the future.

I have a huge amount of respect, even reverence for the Bill of Rights. And for me, with Trump I only have to look as far as things he has actually said that he doesn't give a crap about anything in the first ten amendments except the second. If that's the only one you really care about, then there you go.

this article is based on things he's actually said that run ridiculously against the Constitution. In my view, based on things he's actually said, he has a huge problem with almost every one of our Bill of Rights, as well as the entire concept of separation of powers. Granted, if you don't care, that's you. But I think most reasonable people would admit there is a valid concern here even if they think Hillary is worse. For me, I don't have to vote for either so I will not. Doesn't matter. I'm just one vote out of millions. I wouldn't feel good about myself if I voted for either. No one vote is going to decide it either way. But please read the article below if you're interested in understanding the point of view of those who are scared of Trump.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... han-214139

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

BlueK wrote:You said he was a dirtbag but now you want "real" dirt? Isn't that a contradiction? I get it. You're dug in. And a lot of this is based on what we believe might happen without being able to perfectly see in the future.

I have a huge amount of respect, even reverence for the Bill of Rights. And for me, with Trump I only have to look as far as things he has actually said that he doesn't give a crap about anything in the first ten amendments except the second. If that's the only one you really care about, then there you go.

this article is based on things he's actually said that run ridiculously against the Constitution. In my view, based on things he's actually said, he has a huge problem with almost every one of our Bill of Rights, as well as the entire concept of separation of powers. Granted, if you don't care, that's you. But I think most reasonable people would admit there is a valid concern here even if they think Hillary is worse. For me, I don't have to vote for either so I will not. Doesn't matter. I'm just one vote out of millions. I wouldn't feel good about myself if I voted for either. No one vote is going to decide it either way. But please read the article below if you're interested in understanding the point of view of those who are scared of Trump.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... han-214139
HA. You guys are giving the Trump too much credit. Take the high road with your one measly vote if that's how you view it (this I feel is a problem for repubs - apathy, there is no way Obama should have won a second election except for lack of interest amont repub voters). Trump is all talk and will produce very little bite. If president he'll get up and pound his chest every day and nothing will really happen. Hillary, OTOH, has proven through wikileaks and o'keefe's latest releases that she is dead set on getting her way through violence, bribery and coercion and she has the means to get the job done. She's been running a well oiled mafia machine for decades and hasn't been caught until recently, and we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg.

I just don't see Trump as a threat. A boy who really never got past the age of 16? sure. But, I don't see him as a threatening dictator. For one, he just doesn't have the experience to make these wholesale changes that #nevertrumpers and the DNC keep parroting. I see VERY LITTLE changing under Trump which is the best case scenario in this election. Hillary? Much more ready to go all in on trampling rights and again, has the means at her disposal to get the job done. She has the connections with the justice dept, the CIA, the FBI, governors, the media, her foundation. The weapons at her disposal are seemingly endless and continue to be exposed the closer to the election we get. Anyone else would have been locked up or at the very least lost all political power 10x by now if they had committed the same crimes as Hillary (petraeus and Abramoff off the top of my head). The fact that Lynch and Comey stepped in and basically stopped any investigation of Hillary is both maddening and frightening. The scale that she has committed fraud, I believe, is only the beginning of what she will continue as president. She has somehow become untouchable. Trump WILL NOT BE UNTOUCHABLE.

Nevertrump has completely overblown the character flaws of Trump. My Goodness!!! Do you see who is going to be elected? Have you thought about the changes she wants to make? Have you seen how she has silenced her critics and castrated any semblance of dissidence? Do we want to have the SCJ picked by such a disgusting individual? Do we want someone of Hillary's past and integrity to hold powers to the much abused executive orders? Hillary will be ruthless, as she always has been. Trump will offend some people, he'll say some politically incorrect things. He'll be the dufus that he is, but he's not going to get much done, which is exactly what I want.

Hillary's depth of involvement and willingness to push the limits of decency while at the same time ignoring any rules/laws/precedent is terrifying. If we're going to have to elect the class clown or the class sociopath, I'm choosing the clown.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote: I'm also grateful that by doing so I will be signifying to the GOP that I will not put up with...
BTW, the GOP has shown time and time again that they don't give a flying flip about what you or I or most of the rest of their constituents think. GOP has been lockstep with dems on most issues for as long as I can remember despite the outrage that they face for it occasionally.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

I haven't seen his movie or read his book, but Dinesh sums up how I feel about this election pretty well.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

BroncoBot wrote:
hawkwing wrote: I'm also grateful that by doing so I will be signifying to the GOP that I will not put up with...
BTW, the GOP has shown time and time again that they don't give a flying flip about what you or I or most of the rest of their constituents think. GOP has been lockstep with dems on most issues for as long as I can remember despite the outrage that they face for it occasionally.
All the more reason to not vote for either candidate.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Trump deserves to lose, as he is a true Loser and the ultimate douchebag

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

If anybody really wanted to stop Hillary they should never have supported Trump.

I'm sorry people made the mistake of supporting the one candidate she wanted to run against who is the candidate she could beat who is one Donald J. Trump.

But I refuse to make the same mistake.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

SpiffCoug wrote:If anybody really wanted to stop Hillary they should never have supported Trump.

I'm sorry people made the mistake of supporting the one candidate she wanted to run against who is the candidate she could beat who is one Donald J. Trump.

But I refuse to make the same mistake.
Totally agree until your last sentence. If voting for Trump means blocking the WH from Hillary I'll vote for Trump and sleep great.