Big Day Today

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
vancouvercougar
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Big Day Today

Post by vancouvercougar »

I feel like the Big 12minus 2 Just used a bunch of schools to get what they want from TV companies.

BOID
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BOID »

By the way, I agree. It's the Big 12 that is "not sustainable." They need to expand, but they cannot get along well enough to properly nourish themselves.

trueblue72
Sophomore

Post by trueblue72 »

I'm so mad, I've said more bad words in the last 20 minutes then I normally say in 2 hours.

BOID
Junior

Post by BOID »

vancouvercougar wrote:I feel like the Big 12minus 2 Just used a bunch of schools to get what they want from TV companies.
It sure does look that way.

BOID
Junior

Post by BOID »

trueblue72 wrote:I'm so mad, I've said more bad words in the last 20 minutes then I normally say in 2 hours.
:lol:

BOID
Junior

Post by BOID »

snoscythe wrote:
BOID wrote:Also, BYU and Holmoe are no longer saying that independence is unsustainable. That was before the boosters stepped up big time. Holmoe said that BYU was going to be OK after all, and that was about three months ago already. Yesterday, he said that "Through this process, we learned some things about ourselves..... One thing was that we are a lot stronger than we had thought we were."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one.

I guess I'm complacent with my shiny turd. ;)

Sharper
Recruit

Post by Sharper »

AP story quotes "insiders" who've been called already as confirming no expansion.

"

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I think the Big XII wanted to expand w/ BYU as #11, but couldn't agree on team #12. So they set up exploratory committee.

So the whole expansion process was to find out who team #12 would be. Then when the whole LGBTQ Alliance threw down a gauntlet, several schools got cold feet on BYU. And the Big XII was still no closer to finding and agreeing on #12.

And since BYU now lacked the requisite number of votes and no other was even close, there was no desire for the teams that still supported BYU to fight for BYU or expansion and try to assuage the concerns of the teams that had become frightened of a potential BYU backlash by the LGBTQ community and their student governments.

Here's what the Big XII should have done. Agreed on BYU as team #11 back in July and announced BYU joining the conference and a committee being set up to find team #12.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
vancouvercougar
All-American

Post by vancouvercougar »

Years ago (1986), Geraldo Rivera did a TV special where one of Al Capone's secret vaults would be opened. People speculated that there would be treasure or a car in the vault. It was a big TV production. The vault was opened and there was nothing in there. What a letdown.
Today was kind of like that.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Wow, and I'm not even an insider and this article said almost exactly what I said in my earlier post. I felt the media talk change once the Gay community came out against BYU. It was tangible.